Essendon vs Kollingwood - 2021 round 23 - Game Day Thread

Ok…here’s one for you. Enter Marty Knights…

ENTER J HIRD…

9 Likes

I get up early on a Sunday so I can get today’s tasks out of the way before 3:20pm.

Then I see a game day thread is already open. Thanks for the distraction.

7 Likes

Am nervous too. Still emotionally exhausted after watching games that I don’t really care about so I can’t imagine how I’m going to survive today.
Go Bombers. Just get the job done.

5 Likes

So, let’s say Freo lose, do we swing Hooksy into the team and cop the fine?

1 Like

I’m really nervous. The amount of “how Essendon turned it around” articles that have been written in the last week is very disturbing to me. Normally whenever one of those sort of articles has been published in the past we have got ahead of ourselves and gone on to lose the next week…

17 Likes

Yeah I’m not confident at all but then again I never am. I always worry more when we seem to be getting ahead of ourselves. I’d feel happier if Collingwood still had their first round pick.

This team is different, but scars of the past have made me nervous for the game. Tbf, the WB and GC games have been elimination finals for us too and they didn’t let us down. C’mon Dons!

1 Like

Exactly this Essendon deserves our trust and I am confident will do the job today

2 Likes

I would say NO.

If he plays well, you have the dilemma of wanting to pick him for the Final, but knowing he probably can’t back up after 6 days.

It’s more important to see how this 2MP, Francis & Waterman combo works, and they need another game together.
The coaches need to see it also.

I do believe they will be tossing up all sorts of combinations for the 1st Final though.

2 Likes

I’d like Freo to lose or us to be 10 goals up going into the last.

Really don’t need the stress today.

3 Likes

I get the whole control your own destiny stuff, but just need Freo to lose for my own heart.

As we saw yesterday, anything can bloody happen. Fall asleep for 5 mins and it can go so quickly

1 Like

gandalf-battle

20 Likes

Believe. Our boys will deliver.

5 Likes

Now that Heffsgirl has joined the chat, just gonna come out and say it…

Sidebottom won’t have any effect on the game.
The guy has lost a yard of pace that he could ill afford to lose.
Is in major decline, and will be a spectator as Parish, Stringer and Merrett are buzzing around stoppages.

Now… Adams, DeGoey, Crisp, these guys could trouble us.

3 Likes

I had a dream we limped over the line today then we pumped the dogs by 10 the week after.

4 Likes

I’m gonna go have a nap now to see what I dream.
Will report back later…

10 Likes

One thing I do know is merrett parish and McGrath were pushing the rest of the team day 1 of preseason ready for this time of year. We won’t let this 1 slip

3 Likes

McMerrish

1 Like

Parmergrath

1 Like