Essendon vs Kollingwood - 2021 round 23 - Game Day Thread

It’s a rebuild year. Today wasn’t meant to be a thing. But it is, so it’s a bonus… enjoy it and think how much better 2022 will be.

and yes - GO BOMBERS.

22 Likes

Essendon by 74.

8 Likes

Sunny morning in Melbourne. Even has that last day in September feel about it.

7 Likes

I dreamt that I accidentally started a fire at work. What does that mean?

AND FARK CARLTON

1 Like

I just asked a Klan fan in Coles politely to lose.

We’re fine.

3 Likes

You’re experiencing the great Australian dream?

2 Likes

Dons by 74.

10 Likes

We’re playing the RACISTS.

Please amend thread title.

4 Likes

St.Kilda won’t beat Fremantle, they’d go up two spots on the ladder if they did and that’s certainly not an incentive at this time of year.

We’ll have to do this one ourselves. Confident we can. Just keep up the pressure. Go Dons!

IMO today should be a full dress rehearsal for finals.

In fact, finals started already, with all the top teams puffing their chests out trying to exert dominance, and we need to do the same.

Bulldogs had a very narrow loss to a very good team (Port), but it’s still 3 losses on the trot and they will be doubting themselves, given they lost to us a couple of weeks ago.
I think we need to really curb-stomp the pies to give us confidence we are are in a different league to them, and send a Krakatoa like message to the bulldogs and the rest of the comp that we aren’t just making up the numbers.

The fwd line without Hooker is still in its infancy, so even getting just one more game into them will help us plan for the first final.

I think today will be like the Suns game. It might take us a quarter to exert our dominance, but then we’ll kick away.

It should get really ugly for the pies, with our guys wanting to prove they can run out games, no one will want to get dropped for lack of effort.

The only down side is I’d rather go into next week after a tough hit-out, other wise we might start out a bit soft.

3 Likes

We are going to lose and crab Maynard will give stringer a bath

1 Like

Collingwood by 27.

De Goey 4, Jamie Elliot 3

Freo lose, we sneak into finals with 10 wins anyway and get smacked next week.

Bookmark it. We are cursed.

:joy: as if that’s going to happen!

If we were cursed freo would win and we win would finish 9th

I am not convinced we will roll the dogs again.

I mean confidence wise I am sure the club feels a lot better having beaten them once.

But surely we need to be a lot better everywhere to get over them again.

Today’s game, I’m sure will be a good un too.u

1 Like

If we can’t get the job done today against one of the weakest Collingwood sides in decades, we don’t deserve to be playing next week.

The fact we could still get there with a loss and have our finals record discussed ad nauseam for a week before losing again would be more than cursed.

I’m being super pessimistic. This team deserves better. JUST ■■■■■■■ WIN IT!

2 Likes

We should know the Freo result before we play. If the Aints win, the result doesn’t matter. I’d then be getting more midfield time into McGrath and Shiel and nursing a few with extended time on the bench.

1 Like

This would be a great year to have an upset finals win. Because if we make it I don’t think the pressure of expectation will be there or the spectre of a biased interstate crowd/umpiring result.

I really really hope this is the year to get the monkey off the back.

Would be absolutely unbelievable.

3 Likes

Do you work at AFL House?

7 Likes