Essendon vs Kollingwood - 2021 round 23 - Game Day Thread

I’m done aswell, this weekend of footy has ruined me already I can’t handle another close one.

1 Like

Good point handypoint!

1 Like

Just want us to put in a solid, professional performance as we did last week. Very simple equation - win and we’re in. Couldn’t ask for a better day for it, absolutely glorious morning so far. The boys won’t lack any motivation to get it done. I’m confident we will!

4 Likes

The curse has lifted, footy God’s are back with us.

Everything going our way

4 Likes

The absolute batshit craziness of the last two days has me worried there is one last twist and Freo are going to steal eighth spot in dramatic fashion.

2 Likes

The voice of reason.

I can’t even think after this weekend

This

If Freo are no chance it’s effectively a dead rubber and becomes a pre final training hit out.

If Freo win we are playing for our lives

Freo winning doesn’t phase me, I’m actually expecting them to beat the Saints. This way our destiny is in our hands

3 Likes

Will be a much more entertaining afternoon if the dockers get up.

HEAAAVE HO. FREO!

OTOH, the Dogs have tucked their tails between their hind legs since we beat them. They are unravelling before our eyes. A month ago l would have picked them to be flag favourites, but look now at how far they have fallen. Losing the week after we beat them has cut deep into their psyche, and Port finished the destruction lst night. They are no longer the all conquering, mighty team of earlier in the season and Bevo looks and sounds a worried man, as well he should.

2 Likes

Oh def they are a preferred finalist to have a crack at.

But anyone who thinks we are meant to be any higher on the ladder than 8th based on form I still think are misguided.

The dons are still very much a work in progress

I don’t want to but I agree with this. The win against the doggies has to be good for confidence but we were abit lucky. They did miss lots of easy goals. I think Gold Coast made us look better than we really are. But I really hope I’m wrong.
Go bombers!

1 Like

I dreamt that I accidentally started a fire at work. What does that mean?

If you work in a gunpowder factory, I hope your dream doesn’t come true.

If you work at Visy Park however…

2 Likes

They were flat after their come from behind 2 point loss too the power. Then yesterday"s game they would have been riding the wave on every West Coast goal. They probably even thought they were safe heading into the last, this would have really deflated them. They will be in tatters now.

Hence we must win today to keep our mojo and confidence up so if we play them we have the edge

2 Likes

Has Baldwin kicked his tenth yet

People said the same thing about the win over the Crows. It is a good result when one team doubles the score of the other. It is exceptional when one team triples the score of the other. Against the Crows we quadrupled their score. GCS outplayed us for about 15 minutes, the second half of the first quarter. The rest of the game was in our keeping, and the result in no way flattered the Bombers.

3 Likes

Agree with this, the result will have shattered whatever remains of their confidence.

1 Like

Depends was it …aa accidentally tipped a 20 gallon drum of petrol in your bosses office kinda dream?

Sorry not to nit pick as I appreciate the effort but you’re just missing a couple of extra K’s from the thread title.

Thank you.

6 Likes

JUST

FKN

WIN

2 Likes