Essendon vs Melbourne at the Lid-On Stadium - Result and Reason

Season on the line today

We lose and we can pretty much kiss goodbye to finals

4 Likes

So tempted to put some money on the dees
what do you guys reckon?

Thatā€™s fair providing you understand that wanting doesnā€™t always lead to getting.

Gawn has been dominating plenty of opposition rucks this year and Dees still havenā€™t been winning.

Hoping Leuey can actually get himself involved around ground. Huge task for Gawn to basically ruck 90% of game and back up and do that again 4 days later.

Yep, good idea.
Iā€™d drop a grand on the Dees, if I were you.

3 Likes

Yea i think they will win too
Just put $400 on them at the line
pretty low on cash at the moment so hopefully essington show up today

Playing and watching are very different, have no doubt the players hate losing too. but i can handle it more when the style of play is exciting to watch or I can see growth and development. Watching young raw players turn into stars is a joy. I was responding to what seemed to be a dig at people complaining about spending money and expecting results. Iā€™m not often one of those people but feel their point of view is reasonable.
Entertainment might have been the wrong word but after the ceremony stuff I didnā€™t enjoy anything about the game on Wednesday and for some people for whom it requires a fair bit of effort to get to game I feel that instead of just going next time because Iā€™m a forever bombers man, Iā€™ll be looking for a decent form line going into the next game I choose to go to.
Fair weather? Maybe.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s the line at?

Or watching it on the tele so if the game starts getting to you, you can turn it off or watch something else. And; the big plus, you donā€™t have to drive home.

2 Likes

Fair point. Canā€™t enjoy the highs without the lows. I just feel for young members ,us oldies know how good those highs are and every Essendon Supporter derserves that feeling I reckon. Itā€™s the best.

I donā€™t believe any part of your story, or your online persona.

1 Like

I hear ya.
Iā€™m gutted when we lose badly. Maybe Iā€™m a little weird, but it only takes me around 2 hours to get over it and back to life.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

I think most threaten to ditch their membership but I think itā€™s just people venting.

I donā€™t like how corporate the club has become though and the total lack of passion coming from the club is disappointing.

Need more people like Goddard speaking their minds not the media trained jargon that comes out. Iā€™m like you I donā€™t expect premierships but I do expect a club that competes every week.

2 Likes

so this just happened

A blessing in disguise
just like franklin being out for sydney srs

Like the Port Adelaide game. I had no idea what to expect.
Roof closed. Felt like a flat dreary afternoon coming up. Then bang, the team are switched on and play well.

Feels the same today. Essendon are a lucky dip bag - no idea what you are going to pull out.

3 Likes

Robbo is a big fat Blitz-reader.

2 Likes

Tippa to play the tall forward role all day.

12 Likes

At least heā€™d present a target instead of standing 80m from the ball carrier with his hand in the air

Would not surprise me if Joe is missing. A bit of a win-win for Woosha. Gives him one of many excuses when we lose, gives Joe a rest and some thinking time, gives the side to set-up without Joe OR if he is indeed carrying a niggle, gives him a 10 day rest.

Melbourne to win by 4 goals in a skill-free game, after being an arm wrestle until half time.