Essendon vs Melbourne at the Lid-On Stadium - Result and Reason

Melbourne by 17 but neither team scores over 70.

My prediction is that Iā€™m going, Iā€™m expecting to lose, I know Iā€™ll be angry, but Iā€™m no longer starting to care.

Can you toss a scarf or something in my absence?

1 Like

A moderate stench of Essington in the air here in Canberra this morning. I predict a fairly competitive first half then a capitulation in red time 3rd quarter.

Dees by 30.

2 Likes

At the end of the day itā€™s entetaiment. Would you be a bit narky if you went to a play and they kept forgetting their lines and fell off the stage. I lived through 93 and 2000 so this club deserve my money but Iā€™ve got no problem with people who didnā€™t see that beeing a bit ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . Always remember for us out of towners footy trips can generally be a $500 day, At that cost all I ask is that it entertains me.

4 Likes

Itā€™s hard to be positiveā€¦

Not sure if POXTEL will be turned off at three qtr time. Itā€™s the equivalent to leaving early for us remote fansā€¦

I just dont want us to be playing like rabble. Thatā€™s my only outcome for today.

The bar is very low for me at the moment, Iā€™d call a fighting and an ā€œhonourable lossā€ as a win at the moment. A loss will confirm us as bottom 4 for mine.

We will win because the home team has won in all of our games so far this year and we are the home team today.

Thatā€™s all Iā€™ve got.

2 Likes

Damn straight, hence why we will lose

Bombers by 40 points, with BJ keeping the negativity under control. This will start a good run of form that only ends when the on-field arguments flare up again. Of course if BJ gets all finger-pointy again today then Melbourne will win by a street.

Melbourne by 22

Last years Ess vs Melb game was atrocious. Both teams were tired after the short break and it was turn over city.

Iā€™m not expecting much better today and at least we might have an excuse for poor disposal today.

Melbourne by 30-40 just because I have no confident in us after the rubbish we have been dishing up.

2 Likes

Not sure if serious?

If you are happy with being entertained then good luck to you!

I play sport and I hate losing. I hope that the players feel the same way.

The only positive I can see is that the Dees midfield is also as slow as treacle so we wonā€™t get burnt on the outside like we did against the pies and dogs. Our contested and clearance work hasnā€™t been that bad, weā€™ve just been unable to spread from the contest.

I honestly donā€™t think weā€™ll win. Luenberger will get killed today

Nothing quite like getting bent over by equally as ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  opposition on a Sunday 1:10 at Etihad

I donā€™t pay membership money for wins. I love wins, and hate losses. But I donā€™t pay for wins. I pay, for the entertaining phenomenon called ā€˜sportā€™, which will lift to the highest levels, and then crash you back to earth. I could go spend my money on a lot of other, more tangible and profitable things, as could everyone else. If youā€™re not getting value - donā€™t pay.

This isnā€™t directed at anyone in particular, by the way, before anyone starts frothing at the mouth.
I admire your tenacity, coming to games, Judd.

5 Likes

Dees by a point with a kick after the siren. Reason? Because we are Essendon.

I think we will win today by 38 points. But what I want to see is the players keep playing until the umpires blow the whistle for a free kick, not stop, throw up your hands and think it should be a free kick.

2 Likes

NFI, but I feel its the battle of the overrated today.

2 Likes

I got a bad feeling about this game

1 Like