Essendon vs North Round 18 2021 Matchday Thread

Won’t be as easy as last time. North seem to be slowly getting it together.

Dons by 3-4 Goals.

Reminder of the earlier 12.30 start time.

7 Likes

And we are playing on a ■■■■ ground. Danger game.

A win today will see us in the 8. It could be 7th depending on other results but definitely in the 8 today!

3 Likes

Jobe saves the day

2 Likes

Hence the early start to the match day thread.
Makes sense, helps us get a jump on the opposition.

7 Likes
1 Like

This is one of the best, all the angles, all the commentary and even has ‘double fist pump lounge woman’ being demonstrative

19 Likes

I’m predicting half our players will turn up in holiday mode after sitting on the beach all day yesterday.

North by 13 points.

6 Likes

I had a dream we lost 72 to 73.

2 Likes

Get the fk out both of you!

24 Likes

It’s a good point. A day on the beach exhausts the crap out of me

1 Like

Nice, early draft pick still on the cards for us then.

1 Like

Looking forward to watching Ham today and any signs of improvement

2 Likes

Won’t be the same margin as last time…

JUST WIN IT. Please. Don’t care about the details.

6 Likes

Thanks for that.

3 Likes

As someone who gets pretty excited for game day and hates Sunday games because I have to wait all weekend (and only the squad gets named on Thursday) I’m welcoming the 12:30 pm start today. Might be a bit early if I had to get to the game but in lockdown this is great.

Cunnington out is a huge loss for the Roos.

Tips the scales our way - each of Stringer, Merrett and Parish significantly better than their counterparts.

Ham, who is nothing short of woeful with his ball use, must be the luckiest player in the entire AFL to be getting a game this week.

With Jones out, I would like to see Cox to move into the Jones’ role up forward, Cutlet to t back-fill Cox on the wing and Gleeson to back-fill cutler as our 7th defender off the bench.

All games are tightening up- top teams are barely beating, or just drawing, with bottom 6 sides right now. It will be no walk in the park but we have more talent than the Roos do and I expect it to be enough to get us over the line by up to 3 goals with the contributions of our very best players being the difference.

4 Likes

12:30? What the actual ■■■■? That’s the first I’ve heard that. Covid related I assume so they can fit more games in?

Have had this kangaroo in the back yard all yesterday ,he’s gone now if he comes back KAPOW
{ 111 }

22 Likes

Just start calling it Polec.
It’ll fark off to the nearest Reserve ground.

7 Likes