Essendon Womens team — possibility (2015 thread)

Takes inclusive to a new level

Should make the Women’s AFL comp a summer competition.

Would be interesting to see how it would rate against A-League, cricket, etc.

Would rather watch a Dons women’s team on a Friday night in summer at a prime time than a soccer game, meaningless T-20 game, etc.

Bombirds??

A women’s league is the only way the standard will ever improve. If there is no long term path for a female football player to make a career out of the game, why would any elite athlete stick with it?

From a commercial standpoint, greater female participation in the sport will likely lead to bigger crowds to AFL games overall.

Liked the Women’s WB vs Melbourne game this year. There is potential there and can grow the audience of AFL too.

Give it a go and I’ll support our EFC team.

The EFC job is to win AFL premierships. This is crap, noise, rubbish whatever you want to call it.

And enough of the politically correct BS as well. Would any of you pay your hard earned to watch a women’s football match ?

I most certainly would. The women’s game I saw on TV was one of the most entertaining matches I have seen in a long time. Far better that many of the men’s matches that have been on in recent years.
I’d hazard a guess and suggest either the rules were slightly different too, or else the umpiring was far superior.
It was a cracking match. I’ll be looking forward to the lady bombers.

Is the Calendar out yet?

From my experience there’d be more girls buying than guys

Women… all unskilled lesbians.

coldblood? would be over the moon if their daughter switched over.

It’s the next step for the AFL to try and reap in more $$$$$$$. I think we should be there from the start as you don’t want to be playing catch up on the early adapters if it does become a success.

Quick . Find a Tippette.

It's the next step for the AFL to try and reap in more $$$$$$$. I think we should be there from the start as you don't want to be playing catch up on the early adapters if it does become a success.

the big clubs will make it a success, no one cares about the dogs/dees doing it, except for those closely related/friends of the players.

It's the next step for the AFL to try and reap in more $$$$$$$. I think we should be there from the start as you don't want to be playing catch up on the early adapters if it does become a success.

the big clubs will make it a success, no one cares about the dogs/dees doing it, except for those closely related/friends of the players.

Adds a new meaning to Fark Carlton

PS, I forgot, Carlton is now a small club

Hird’s new coaching job?

?. !

Hird's new coaching job?

100% Pure Paz

Adds a new meaning to Fark Carlton

PS, I forgot, Carlton is now a small club

Have you seen their water girl!?

Might be a chance for KAV to do a bruce jenner and dominate

Might be a chance for KAV to do a bruce jenner and dominate

Or Carlisle and Ryder?

Oh wait… They play next to girls every week.

Hope they train with the blokes, have no doubt they’d toughen a few of them up.

Hope they train with the blokes, have no doubt they'd toughen a few of them up.

get a bunch of them to ridicule beachcombers pants and see him toughen up.