Essington unsurprisingly underperforming against a bottom 4 side (Freo Review Thread)

Set yours higher and stop being miserable.

13 Likes

We rarely have made up the numbers and after the last few years it was what the club and most fans needed. And, imo, it is the first step on that path of success that we haven’t been on for a very long time.

Woosha has taken a club that the AFL took to it’s knees and made us be stone motherless last for the first time in something like a 100 years, he has taken a club the AFL media and most fans wanted to see destroyed, he took a bunch of players that had lost their love of footy, and he has given us our first real taste of something more. He has taken us from last to 7th on the ladder.

I can find joy in that even if you can’t.

33 Likes

Daniher badly missed Hooker but it free’d up Alf. Struggling with form at the moment.

2 Likes

Not sure what to think. Today sums up our last 6 weeks which isn’t great coming into finals. Still a win is a win and a break will do us the world of good. Well played Bellchambers, Stewart, Merrett, Heppell, Goddard.

1 Like

Wasn’t a great game, but we were missing three of our more important players who’ll be back in for finals.

If I set my standard higher I would have been disappointed with the result today, so I would have been miserable. Our last 6-8 weeks have beem very very underwhelming, played better football in the first half of the season.

The way I see it, we are due to hit form again

26 Likes

lol yeah right, we lost these games in the first half of the season.

3 Likes

Hartley will want to train well during the next fortnight

3 Likes

When you put it that way… thinking about where we’ve come from, it’s a big deal. I think we would have taken it.

But yeah, the dips in form are aggravating.

2 Likes

Finals? Farkin’ ay!

■■■■ the analysis/negativity etc, I’m just gonna enjoy it.

7 Likes

The evidence isn’t clear on this point. In the first half of the year we would have and did lose games like this. In the last few weeks we have found ways to win, hanging on grimly, not in convincing fashion, but a win is a win, and that is all we need to accomplish in any game.

3 Likes

We’re playing finals
Zac was best on ground
He kicked four goals
As he zipped around
Stewart kicked four too
His best game so far
Hocking kicked a pair
To go out a star.

12 Likes

So glad I am not beset by this twisted disposition to my sporting team.

4 Likes

Don’t forget we were missing Hooker, Hurley and Fantasia. It wasn’t pretty but full credit to them after what happened last year.

2 Likes

Be happy we are in the 8 and playing finals!!! Anything can happen

4 Likes

Finals eh?

Fuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeaaahhhh!!!

11 Likes

Don’t care. FINALS!!!

3 Likes

Going to be vs sydney too, payback time

4 Likes

and Green

3 Likes