Essington unsurprisingly underperforming against a bottom 4 side (Freo Review Thread)

quote by Wm Shakespeare from “Much To Do About Finals”

2 Likes

lol

1 Like

Surprised no one mentioning Jobe being carried off. Seemed very emotional in rooms. Last game? Let Bird play finals?

Is McKenna ok? Didn’t play the last 10 minutes.

Interesting Stat on the AFL Website

20 Likes

Dead set some players should be embarrassed given that was almost both Watson and co’s last game and no finals.

I know we should be optimistic and I’m damn happy we are in finals but that was horrible. And a clear example of why we don’t having a winning culture.

3 Likes

You sound like a broken record, we get it, the team exceeded your expectations. State it and move on.

You don’t need to come back to try and constantly dispute every single person who was different.

Will be 7th - worst team in eight is Melbourne - ski season has struck again

2 Likes

Good. You’re kind of telling people how to feel and what to write. People have different ways of supporting, some prefer to keep their powder dry when there’s no justification for firing the gun in the air. We haven’t been great against very poor teams, it’s not encouraging at the pointy end. Doesn’t mean I’m not proud of the team’s progress.

2 Likes

The tears are comin’,…

1 Like

l also said l expected multiple finals this season. No changing that view now.

1 Like

We won the clearances against Mundy Fyfe and Neale. We played a lot of younger players through the middle
We won while giving on the job training to those boys. That’s a good thing.

13 Likes

I would rather be playing finals and spend 2 weeks getting hyped, pumped and loving this club, even if we lose, than finishing 9th and getting the reality check we probably need in regards to the midfield

But fk it. Finals, here we come

17 Likes

Really didn’t notice him or Begley after the first quarter. Or did I imagine Begley was in?

We may have a slowishish midfield.
But we have heaps of inside 50s that are continually stuffed up.
Hopefully we can fix that with Hopper & Fanta.

1 Like

I thought we were dead set gone when we dropped the Brisbane game. Pretty amazing to be in this position, even if we could have had a home final…

Stewart’s best game of his career surely?

8 Likes

Yeah we’re just putting off the conversation we need to have for two weeks but I’m in for the ride.

1 Like

It’s all good.
Train took us back to North Melbourne.

So a full platform is going to try and cram into the next train…
Coming from Etihad…
What are the odds that’s full?

It’s bound to happen. Hirdy to hand Jobe the norm Smith in his 40 disposal, 3 goal last game for the club.

17 Likes