Essington unsurprisingly underperforming against a bottom 4 side (Freo Review Thread)

It’s going to be Sydney on Saturday night IMO

2 Likes

Actually I take that back, bags and Gleeson deserve a shoutout as well they were outstanding and anbrose was very good too

4 Likes

Joe had 2 opponents. I am not surprised.

2 Likes

You want a team that hasn’t played finals since 2011 and that was on the bottom of the ladder to win a final as a pass mark on the season? Geez that some seriously over-rated expectations on this season.

2 Likes

Looked dangerous early on leads though, they seemed to disappear/he didn’t hold them, was down today not just outnumbered

Let’s fkn rectify what happened last time in Sydney.

Would much rather have played port at AO.

6 Likes

Not really

We have had a great run with injuries

Playing a lot of older guys

Had a very easy draw

2 Likes

Ahem

1 Like

I know we are all trying to forget it, but we did play a final in 2014

3 Likes

Was actually a bit to like about that game, despite some of the douche nozzles in here. Played some good footy at stoppages, Jobe 20 contested possessions and wasn’t carried. Zerret unstoppable. TBell serving it to the mids on a platter. Baguley down back was a rock.

Sure put the cue in the rack and had to play til the siren, but probably better workout before a 2 week break than dishing out a hiding and getting ahead of themselves.

Got to say goodbye to Jobe at home in a win in the OG Guernsey.

Other than Hooker, no injuries?

And the best umpiring I’ve seen in a decade.

2 Likes

I wanted us to make finals and hopefully win one. I didn’t expect us to or make a decision that if we didn’t win one we didn’t pass the season. This season has been excellent for where we have been.

1 Like

That was awful

3 Likes

We played finals in 2014. And seriously give it a rest, not every comment in here has to be defended by you.

His expectations are different than yours, and there’s nothing wrong with them, despite what you say.

6 Likes

'Tis better to have won and played finals than never to have played finals at all

12 Likes

And that’s cool, we both just have different opinions on the season so far

I’m sorry, am I not allowed to respond on a forum to comment written by others?

Absolutely, nobody would dispute that

I like the part where we are a mediocre side with no midfield, a stubborn and limited game day coaching panel with a penchant to fold to ‘lesser’ teams and yet we still made the finals with a mix of players that have had one season to bind and develop a game plan. All this after emerging from a period of trauma unlike any club has endured before and here we are with a chance to play a final and expose our objectively talented youth to finals intensity football.

Yeah, it’s hard to be excited about it all really.

34 Likes

fair enough.

Great day…
Special Craigieburn train gone into full Essington mode. Was on the wrong tracks…

9 Likes