Everyone else's latest

A couple more weeks and I'll have a shiny new Samsung Galaxy S4. Actaully pretty excited and I'm not much of a phone geek. I was a bit worried about losing everything in the exchange but Samsung have a program that transfers everything from your iPhone back up file to your new Galaxy. Hoorah.

Smart Transfer is the Bomb. 

Get an app called iSyncr(think it was 99cents) You get the same one on your computer and just transfer playlists from iTunes to your phone from your computer.

Helps as I still use iTunes(Mac) and have tonnes of music I bought(Smart transfer will transfer music too).

Lumina 1020 or Sony Z1?

The Z1 is a beast, but saying that the Lumia is not a bad phone(spec wize) if you can live with the Windows OS. 

Was playing with a windoze phone a couple of weeks ago. Seemed ok to me.

Yeah, it's growing on me too. Not enough for me to get one, but I don't mind it.

Lumina 1020 or Sony Z1?

Z1 by a mile

Im getting a note 3, oh my giddy aunt.

Just thinking, some may remember my whinge about having to reset my S3 about 6 months ago because it was locking up several times daily. The first time it happened was when I was at BDO and recording The Killers. It was pretty loud and distorted (the sound) and the video is reasonably choppy and general recording was just ■■■■. Then it froze, couldn't even hold the power button so had to rip the battery out. Then it started doing the intermittent freezing. 

It doesn't happen anymore after I reset but it just occured to me. Is it possible that that was what ruined it, the recording? Some sort of sensory overload? I know it seems absurd.

seen concert lasers destroy camera sensors, but doubt that's it.

ok, so some actual news in here, a few of you who follow tech blogs would have heard that this app is rolling out for google glass

http://youtu.be/nIVieBzP3gk

basically is a companion to going to a live baseball game.

Well...... its come to my attention that in line with google glasses Australian release in December, that there will be Cricket, and AFL versions of this app.

What I do know about the AFL one is it will bring up live stats which you will have control of what you see in that regard, as in high possession winners,  game stats such as clearances and goal scorers and such as well as your choice of the 2 radio feeds coming through as commentary. 

what else would you like to see, and more importantly, given that the retail price of glass is likely to be less than $400 aud, would it be a factor in a decision to purchase a pair?

I think it's awesome Ben. I think if people can justify the benefits and opportunity for us then money won't be a factor. Perhaps. they will be incorporated into plans :)

Side note: Note 3 out.

indeed DT, i cant wait for it. 

64 bit processing seems to be the hot topic this week, but the note got a Antutu score of 31,276

that is insane, factor in the 4k video capabilities and the 1920x1080 res, and this is a must have for me.

Ben, I met someone today who gave me some insights into the actual handset in-built functionalities and I was pretty blown away. Especially with the ease of mobility amongst applications and the integration with the rest of the phone. Pretty amazing. Looking forward to it coming out. 

I hope you guys are better than the guys in the Apple Thread.

Tech-Heads.

I NEED HELP.

I'm receiving emails in a weird format that have attachments and its says something like winmail.dat and stuff like this [cid:sig-c-c-hr-logos86ee58] comes up. It makes no sense to me, but from what I've read, it's because the e-mails are sent from microsoft to apple mail it changes. When I open the email up in hotmail or forward it to my gmail account it reads fine/as expected. I downloaded Microsoft outlook expecting it to show up normal, but the same thing keeps happening. 

So ye, I can't really open attachments properly as it shows up with VLC player. It's weird, I'm happy to clarify my situation if need be. 

Thanks In Advance.

*The text and body of the email reads fine, but when it comes to attachments, the format from there on just seems weird, at it doesn't let me download them*

I hope you guys are better than the guys in the Apple Thread.

Tech-Heads.

I NEED HELP.

I'm receiving emails in a weird format that have attachments and its says something like winmail.dat and stuff like this [cid:sig-c-c-hr-logos86ee58] comes up. It makes no sense to me, but from what I've read, it's because the e-mails are sent from microsoft to apple mail it changes. When I open the email up in hotmail or forward it to my gmail account it reads fine/as expected. I downloaded Microsoft outlook expecting it to show up normal, but the same thing keeps happening. 

So ye, I can't really open attachments properly as it shows up with VLC player. It's weird, I'm happy to clarify my situation if need be. 

Thanks In Advance.

*The text and body of the email reads fine, but when it comes to attachments, the format from there on just seems weird, at it doesn't let me download them*

dunno.. maybe https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5136244?start=0&tstart=0 ?

got a Note 3 and Galaxy Gear on loan from Samsung for the next few weeks, will report back with findings, have not paired the gear yet, but early signs of the Note is that it is blowing my mind how good it is. FAST, screen is the best panel i have seen on a smart phone and the camera is amazing, 4K video

Just pre ordered the Z1!

Uncle has the note 3 and the photos have been impressive (he’s overseas).

Advice needed… have a 3 year old desire HD, camera doesn’t work anymore but love the phone, has everything just the way I want it, syncs everything to my work laptop wirelessly, has word ecxell etc that I need daily, perfect but bugs starting to set in due to age. Don’t want apple. Note is too big, thinking HTC one, anyone recommend it or something similar?

Cheers for any advice.

Is there an app where you can run any two apps side by side? I suppose the windows equivalent is using window key+left arrow, then on the other program, window key+right arrow.

Just pre ordered the Z1!
Uncle has the note 3 and the photos have been impressive (he's overseas).

just got stock of them today, so you should have your any day now.

Advice needed.... have a 3 year old desire HD, camera doesn't work anymore but love the phone, has everything just the way I want it, syncs everything to my work laptop wirelessly, has word ecxell etc that I need daily, perfect but bugs starting to set in due to age. Don't want apple. Note is too big, thinking HTC one, anyone recommend it or something similar?
Cheers for any advice.

HTC One is a fantastic phone, you cant go wrong. All your settings will transfer from your Desire HD when you swap to.

Is there an app where you can run any two apps side by side? I suppose the windows equivalent is using window key+left arrow, then on the other program, window key+right arrow.

Not sure about Sony, but Samsung s4, note 2/3 allow that.

Cheers Ben, I’ll take a closer look at it.