Everyone else's latest

I don’t think so.

The proposed legislation only affects the search engine.

I doubt - even if they Google do follow through, which I seriously doubt - they’d remove all parts of their business from the market.

Was seriously considering these after seeing them on an entertaining YT channel (DankPods) who reviews mainly portable music players, and all types of headphones.

Can I ask, are you happy with them after 2 years of listening ?
What do you use them for…video editing, music production, or simply enjoying music ?
If the latter, what genre of music do you believe would be suited to these, or are they a great allrounder ?

The same YT’er was really impressed with the Samson SR850’s, which can be had for $60-ish.
I do like AKG though.
Got an AKG Condenser Mic and it sounds amazing for the price.

i ended up moving on, not a good fit.

sounded fine for the money just wasn’t a comfortable wear. if you can get for a similar price i do recommend sennheiser hd58x (jubilee)

1 Like

Did you sell them, or give them away to a family member/friend ?
Fair swag of cash at around $300 !

Edit…I’ll check out the Jubilee’s…cheers

i got them when the AUD wasn’t bad, ended up bein like 150 aud.

gave away to family

Gee wiz, that’s a good price.

3 years ago on mass drop. These aren’t the good akgs. They’re the cheaper ones made in China.

I think Google will crab walk away from this for the very reason of my supposition. Working in IT I sort of know but I legit wonder how much of Google eco system is intrinsically linked to their search engine.
I really think it would be hard for them to unlink all that they do from their search engine. Even if they don’t rely on this, it would be a PR disaster for them if the followed through. I suspect all the Facebook people who you be outraged enough to make Australia a complete wasteland for them anyway

My understanding is the legislation is only designed to tackle the public interfaces - you or me searching XYZ, finding a news article/video, and clicking it.
Google and FB are going to be forced to pay the publishers more for that.

The legislation wouldn’t directly impinge on google’s core business, serving ads.
Or anything else back end - cloud services, android, chrome, gmail, etc etc etc.
Indirectly, a drop off in people using their other services would lead to a similar drop off in ad revenue, if they decide to pull YT or search.

Mind you, most Australian IT legislation may as well be written in crayon, by penguins. If Google/FB want to challenge our laws, I’m almost sure they’ll find loopholes.

1 Like

this is pretty cool.

3 Likes

Just on headphones @barnz , the Jubilees that you recommended back in February are one of Drop’s most popular models, and very highly rated.

I’ve noticed them on special twice in the past few months going for US$120 (normal price US$170) which is an amazing price given some reviewers prefer them to the higher priced HD6XX (which is what I eventually bought).

Don’t know if it’s an oversight on their part, but Drop have not charged me GST on the 2 purchases I’ve made with them :ok_hand:

you may get charged you may not, it could also be worth looking at a dac/amp if you dont have one for them as iirc they have 150ish ohms on them so need a little power feeding into them

Yep, I got a Fiio portable DAC/amp which only just drives the HD6XX’s to adequate levels.

Have since got more powerful ones for home use.