Everyone else's trash. Our treasure?

I don’t mind getting the ones that still have a chance of getting back on a list but when I hear guys like Bastinac and Hartung coming over I get a bit underwhelmed

Hard to say, bother are very similar types and both impressed me as juniors.

Mostly have a soft spot for Lyons as I got to watch him live a lot at 18s level and thought he form for Sandringham was not far behind the likes of Taranto and McGrath

2 Likes

Delete this before Wim sees it!

7 Likes

Why not both?

Because we’ve got limited list spots.

I’m more inclined thought to go “Why not neither?”. But then I haven’t been particularly impressed by Bowman at VFL level, whereas a lot of Blitz is.

3 Main List spots for draftees for sure.

That’s because we played him as a skinny undersized ruck. And the kid played his heart out. I’d like to see what he could do as a kpp. I’m also a bit of a fan of young Sibbald as well.

Is he an undersized ruckman really though? He’s skinny, but 200+cm. Long term is he a ruck, a forward or a McKernan replacement who plays 60% as a forward and 40% ruck?

There’s more to being undersized than height. The kid wasn’t nearly ready physically for what we asked him to do.

1 Like

Agree with that. Thought you were suggesting that long term he wouldn’t be a ruck, which is have disagreed with. Looks to be potentially a very good foil for Draper who’d be playing majority ruck.

I think that could be a distinct possibility if he can learn to play forward. My problem is that I think Sibbald is an even better prospect (the guy is sensational below his knees for someone 200cm), but he’s even skinnier and consequently doesn’t have the ruck experience. Mind you, I’d happily have either. Or both!

3 Likes

I’d be shocked if Sibbald had an AFL career. He’s got some skill but he’s that in-between size (is he tall tall skinny forward, or a skinny small ruck?), but he doesn’t seem to be strong enough to dominate either forward or ruck, against part timers in VFL. At 23yo I’m not sure that changes from here on in, against better opponents?

Bowman I like, but he’s got a bit to work on. I’d rookie him this year, but more of a 2021-22 prospect.

1 Like

He’s 200cm

West Coast’s main issue with Partington was effectiveness with ball in hand/decision making. He could find it, but his disposals lacked the impact that others had inside - either through poor disposal or just choosing the wrong option.

A few weeks out from an eventual debut, they actually posted an article on their website praising that he was actually starting to impact games rather than merely finding the ball.

He’s 23

And I know he’s tall but at least 40cm of that height is neck, and necks don’t weigh much, he’s listed at 90kg. At AFL level he’d be either the scrawniest ruckman going around or a forward. And I’m not sure he’s legit as a forward.

I can see Bowman filling out to an AFL ruckman. I can’t see that with Sibbald.

2 Likes

I have no idea. I just know there’s some real ability in that big string bean, and I’d be curious to see how far he could develop.

1 Like

How many games did sibbald play this season in the VFL? I don’t recall seeing him at all.

Is anyone training with us or been linked to us?

Afl .com linking Essendon to Callum Moore- tall fwd/defender delisted by the Tigers.

I have no opinion on him.

I’ve seen nothing of him at the Tigers, but as a u18 he ranked right up there as one of the legit worst kicks I have ever seen.

3 Likes