Ex-#13 Orazio Fantasia - well… bye

2 Likes

I reckon he’s more likely to go to Adelaide. They’ve got a fair few guys they’ll want to clean out so they’ll have plenty of list spots and they’ll probably back their fitness staff to get him right and get 5 or 6 years out of him

1 Like

I hear this said a lot, but how could they make that assessment?

Do smaller bodies not hold up to AFL footy? Genuine question. Never really thought it would be a factor, and to the best of my knowledge he wasnt injury prone pre Essington?

1 Like

A bit over a year ago, he was a barometer for our side. Damn nearly our most important player. It’s a very sad decline.

2 years ago we dreamt of a regular forward line of Daniher, him, Stringer and Tippa. So dangerous at their peak.

Just sad.

5 Likes

Cannon.

3 Likes

AFL football is demanding so of course there are some injuries but muscle injury recurrences are inexcusable and a result of bad management.

No use to Essendon.

Dump him for a third or fourth round pick

SPP would’ve looked real good right around now

1 Like

4 Likes

I think it was less about soft tissue injuries and more about surviving impact from guys 40kg heavier

If anything it’s unusual for someone of his body type to be so susceptible soft tissue injuries. The slender guys who haven’t seen much time with a barbell are often more durable

2 Likes

Very sad- loved watching him play.

I think it’s just because a smaller frame can only add so much more muscle and they’ll still be beaten up by much bigger guys.

A lot of his injuries are soft tissue injuries however. For me it points to poor management more than anything else.

2 Likes

Jack Martin was and still is skinny

Somehow his body copes fine. Some can some can’t.

Spewin’ we didn’t get him when tried to. Fkn GC digging their heels in and then end up letting him go for nothing. He was probably the one being lined up for if/when Raz went.

3 Likes

Fair enough, I have no expertise in that area so can’t argue. Surely though some bodies are more susceptible to injury (and reoccurrence) than others, even when conservatively managed?

Just give him the Daniher program for the next 6 months. Rather that then getting news of more injuries from the poor fella

Sigh…
Playing him last year and again this year when he was clearly labouring is some of the most spectacularly bad player management I’ve seen on a football field.
This club really hasn’t done much right over the last 5 years, has it?

1 Like

Would love to see a ladder for most soft tissue injuries in the last 20 years.

We would have to be top.

Everything about this club screams amateur.

1 Like

wanna know the funny thing.
it’ll prolly take the club another 5 years of this before someone decides to question whether or not they should move him on.

Lucky we got rid of that crowe bloke, who was solely to blame for the injury issues prior to this year. we really showed him didn’t we.

1 Like