Ex #33 Brayden Ham - sliced

His new hair cut makes him look like a Laverde replica in no. 33

5 Likes

Interesting. A bit of a sleeper in the draft even though he was 2nd in the Geelong Falcons BNF to the eventual #1 draft pick. He looks like a natural footy player, with speed and endurance, maybe needs a bit more size in todays comp to be able to compete 1 on 1 with some of the monsters running around.

But tiny players like Caleb Daniel have kept out of trouble in this comp for 3+ years, so lets just keep our fingers crossed Brayden gets a good run at it.

5 Likes

Daniel would have had at least 10kg on ham when he started, probably more. Very powerful little unit is Daniel

2 Likes

Hope he plays forward again. The more speed and pressure we have up there the better, particularly if tbell is going to play large minutes out of the goal square

2 Likes

Well they are both listed at 70kgs. Its probably a moot point.

1 Like

I like the lad. Enjoy watching him play and his talents unfold.

Was very impressive in the 2s last week.

1 Like

He is one to watch and smile.

If youā€™re smallish, youā€™re going to do the bulk of your work at ground level anyway, may as well start with most of your weight closer to it.

1 Like

Also, this guy in ~5 weeks has completely blitzed Longā€™s 4.5 year tease of a career.

I think weā€™ll go for Connellan too in the mid season draft, and I think heā€™ll do the same.

3 Likes

RIP Long.

Im on the Ham ban wagon tho!!

2 Likes

Ham is 20 years old, it not like we took him underage. But I do get what you are saying.
As for Connellan. He might be OK but I think we are looking for a ruckman in the mid season draft.

For meā€¦

Stanton was a fantastic endurance-running wingman for us, year-after-year. Gee he did a lot of running late in games, when other team mates had stoppedā€¦

Then after Stanton it has probably been Zaharakis doing a huge amount of wing running for us. The kind of player that rarely misses a match, and in doing so covers a huge total of kms over their career.

I think Ham could be the next in this lineage. First game saw him figure high on the GPS. He has a good looking kick like Zaharakis, so I can see him running through 50 and finishing well. The most interesting feature that I want to see if Hams can repeat is the marking above the head, because he could be better than Stanton and Zaharakis in this regard. Fingers crossed!

PS. Saw in the newspaper today that Connellan was one of the few players invited to mid-season draft testing, so Iā€™m emotionally preparing to watch him get drafted by another club.

1 Like

I heard weā€™ll do a straight trade for Hind.

If you mean when Laverde was in the under 14ā€™s, then yes, I agree.

1 Like

This kid was great first upā€¦ Iā€™m exited to see raz, tippa and Ham in the forward line ā€¦but the kicking into the forward line better be good

I really think this kid is going to become a gun

Ran 15.4 kmā€™s (game high) for 5 possessions. Take a break son.

1 Like

I think he will be a very good player for us but was a stupid selection decision to play him on the small ground in Sydney. Body strength is the key to success on that ground. There is no room to use running ability.

2 Likes