Ex #39 Trent Mynott - you’re cut

Didn’t Jay Neagle do something ridiculous like 2.86 seconds in the sprint test?

(He was then done for the rest of the game, but damn.)

3 Likes

He did but only because they had a hamburger at the end of the 20m

14 Likes

The Anti-Hams

HARD BODIES

Ham-on the bone.

Seriously, who gives a fark if he’s a bit slow if he’s strong on the inside, agile, and has a quick mind?
The ‘collective’ is what counts in the midfield, and we have plenty that can benefit from someone that can become an inside bull.

Just need to be able to run two ways, to not be a complete liability when the opposition have the ball.

Can this bloke play? Haven’t seen anything of him.

And he’s not slow, he’s just not fast.
Will go passed Clark very soon imo.
The boy can play.

2 Likes

MIDFIELD BULL

1 Like

Great to know.

Yes we want a B to A grade ready made inside mid during trade the trade period, but we also need depth in that area as well!

1 Like

Has the body, the skills to play as an inside mid and a few other positions, he has a few tricks too

2 Likes

When you say ‘tricks’, is part of the agility to weave kind of out of congestion?
Or you mean X factor out of the box stuff?

Jeez, Begley tested well. I mean, his results are about middle of the road for that bunch.

I thought we were taking a risk on him because he was unfit. Maybe he just needed to build his tank? You don’t register a time of 10:39 for 3km without serious training. I was under the impression he was a chubby kid who just parked himself in the fwd line up at Ferntree Gully or something.

Looks like all of those guys are pretty comparable.

Not really x-factor but he likes an attempted hangar and likes to sell a bit of candy, watch the first quarter of this game and he shows a fair bit of what he can do

1 Like

Thx bud

Begley was meant to have improved a lot and lost a heap of weight to get into the tAC side. He also pretty much played midfield after about 4 TAC games. Which is why when people call him a HF flanker I lol.

1 Like

He has some agility around the stoppages, has been known to take a hanger and has shown in his first year some Arsey-Ness around goals

1 Like

You’ve said this often over the last little while, but I think you’re under selling Clarke’s ability to keep improving, and to get the best out of himself. Mynott has some qualities, but he’s got a long way to go still. Of course so does Clarke, but I don’t think Clarke is at his upper limit by any means.

Hopefully they both become superstars.

3 Likes

Kicks a lot more goals than a guy who’s not particularly big or fast should. One or two of those goals have been freakshow.
Very very quick to get a kick away.

3 Likes

Contract renewed for a further year.

11 Likes