Ex #39 Trent Mynott - you’re cut

Good

So it seems to be one announcement a day.

Dea, Long and McNeice to go (arguably Bags as well because the club hasn’t announced that).
I’m not convinced at all that all 3 of these guys will still be on the list in a week.

Rapt. This kid can play.

11 Likes

Bags has been announced…Rookie listed

Glad Mynott got another gig…I actually didn’t mind him for a first year kid…Is hard

1 Like

MIDFIELD BULL

Where has it been announced?
The only thing i’ve seen is this article which says “afl.com understands”… doesn’t sound like confirmation to me and there has been nothing on the club site

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-19/mark-baguley-set-for-rookie-lifeline-after-delisting

1 Like

We can’t offically rookie him (Baguley) until the rookie draft, surely.

1 Like

Pretty unflattering photos on the website using a stupid filter. They make the poor bloke look like he has Freddy Krueger’s skin

I hope his player sponsors are not related to their more famous namesake.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/player-profile/trent-mynott

Agreed… but I guess i’m Questioning that we’ve definitely delisted him. This article is all there is to go by. When was the last time the club delisted someone but didn’t announce it on the club site?

1 Like

Fair point

Now that Berger has retired, we have 5 main list players out, Shiel the 1 main list player in, so its possible to leave Baggers on the main list and bring in 3 players from the main draft, and still upgrade SMack.
Do we want to upgrade anyone else - Draper? or bring in a DFA? Menzel ?

Pretty sure it has been confirmed he’ll be delisted and put on the rookie list. Not so sure about McKernan, I think he got a two-year contract and is already upgraded?

Of mutch Clarke and this guy I reckon mynott looks the most likely prospect

4 Likes

I thought it was going to be based on the results of Trade Week.

Surely it’s time they renamed the “rookie” list. How the fark can Bags be considered a “rookie”?

I know logic is not the AFL’s forte, but wouldn’t something like “Supplementary List” or even, if that is too long, “Standby List” be more appropriate?

Given it would just confuse most punters I can understand why they wouldn’t. Will most people care he’s technically on the rookie list?

1 Like

I just checked, there’s no confirmation from the club, just a report from the AFL website, my mistake.

Hope it’s true, though.

I thought rookie draftees got an initial 2yr contract. Why did Mynott have to renew for a 2nd year if so?
I would have thought he had shown enough to be just about automatic anyway. Not sure why there was such a delay.

1 Like

Draftees taken in the national draft get the automatic 2 year contract. Draftees taken in the rookie draft only get one year.

5 Likes