Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

What happens if both Edwards and Smack are in the team… and we lose?

"Bellcho's out long term, man. Little do they know they can get a Smack for that."
  • Flavor Flav

Boi!

“Bellcho’s out long term, man. Little do they know they can get a Smack for that.”

• Flavor Flav

Based on what I’ve read about this guy, he should be able to cover both tbell and colyer!

Smack will fix everything …

Put TBC on the LTI so as to elevate McKenna > Luck of the Irish.

Smack + Conor ready to rumble against the unsociables.

I know you are sort of joking, but:

We desperately need players who can kick goals. These guys both can. But its probably just a little early for Conor. Make no mistake. Conor is being watched and fast tracked. He is incredibly agile and is a fast sprinter, with very good acceleration. But atm his salary as a cat. B rookie is outside the cap. There would have to be cap space available to elevate him, so they probably would not elevate him until next year. imo.

I don’t know if this is even true, but match payments for rookies would be less than $2,000, closer to $1,000. There is no way even if McKenna played every game from here to the end of the year it would bring us even close to going over the cap.

that being said watch this place explode if and or when Mckernan doesn’t play great as a sole permanent ruckman, which i’m pretty sure he isn’t and won’t be any good at, compared to a split between forward and relief ruckman for short periods.

I keep hearing this, but seriously, the bar has been set so friggin low this year.

I’d still expect Carlisle to ruck a decent bit with McKernan. It could well be the mix we’ve been looking for.

When are the rookie upgrades announced?

Whenever they happen, pretty much.

When are the rookie upgrades announced?

Mckernan has 10 games to show he should be upgraded to the Primary List.

Bold statement

esp considering some were suggesting he wasn’t even part of the future plans hence he wasn’t picked before the likes of carlisle.

at this rate he could be our only ruckman come the start of next year.

that being said watch this place explode if and or when Mckernan doesn’t play great as a sole permanent ruckman, which i’m pretty sure he isn’t and won’t be any good at, compared to a split between forward and relief ruckman for short periods.

you are really going out on a limb there mate

See you on the park Smack

Bold statement

Bring him in.

On what grounds would the AFL reject such a request*

*other than a conspiracy

party pooper. kybosh-moro.

So much faith being put in McKernan. Wonder how long it will take people to turn on him

Won’t take long at all.

Being hyped as the answer to all our problems. A taller Dangerfield, if you like.

With that in mind, 2 or 3 average games should be all it takes for this place to turn on him.

He could’ve at least been the answer to the ruck problem. There’s no good excuse or reason for not placing Myers on the LTI list.

Now what is more likely?

That being true, & you knowing as much or more of whats happening within the club than they do, and your injury management knowledge is far superior?

Or there actually is a very good reason, & you are not smart enough to work out what that might have been?

I can think of a couple of possibilities, and I’m sure there’s more.

Why do people assume that our doctors & staff are idiots, rather than that they are?

If you do the former, there’s a good chance you’re the latter.

Like the aggression he brings to the table. Hopefully the VFL form translates to AFL. Really glad Stein has been upgraded, have liked what I have seen, hopefully he can find a spot back or forward and make it his own.

JOEDAN and smack forward are a good prospect next year, and will take some stopping. Smacks marks yesterday were impressive.

We need to recruit a ruckman so he doesn’t get a flogging in this role. He’s not quite big enough for mine. Adds real value.

This guy really wants to make it. Each time he gets dropped, he comes back more determined.

He was fantastic yesterday. I’m still not sure where he is going to fit in for us long term, but it’s worth us finding out.

well if we lose Jake in all likelihood smack becomes our 2nd tall fwd/ruck

Spot on. Don’t get me wrong, I like Jake but if he does go and we can somehow get a quality mid for him then I think we’re better off. We look better with Smack in the side and he is the perfect ‘pinch hitting’ ruck and not such a big downgrade on Jake as a forward.