Expectations for Brad Scott in 2023

I expect Voss to literally run through someone, splitting them in two.

1 Like

Sure, but with that also has to come not implementing a game plan that basically quashes the teams best attribute.

Neither Woosha nor Rutten seemed to be able to strike a balance and maintain it across a season.

effort please.

1.A system
2.stronger players
3.beat Carlton

Brad Scott will win a lot of people over if he can:

• In his own words, help create a football program that gives the opportunity for the players to get the best out of themselves.
  • Get the team to play a discernible, identifiable brand of football and the team is well drilled, disciplined and looks like it knows what it’s doing.
  • Greater emphasis on the defensive aspects of the game.
  • Accountability on the players. If they don’t conform to the non-negotiables they don’t get picked.
  • improves fitness and conditioning.

None of that is about wins and losses. But these are KPIs we need to hit if we are to get anywhere. Scott needs to lay the foundations for future success.

7 Likes

I just want football silk that tastes like real silk.

Maybe if we stopped telling ourselves lies like this, it could. Did you expect Collingwood to play in a prelim this year?

I would love to see the club take the protective “we’re just looking to improve” attitude and ram it. We beat a grand finalist, we beat a prelim finalist, and we led another one until Jamie farking Elliot happened.

We need to aim high IMO and stop giving the club reasons to be happy with mediocrity. Just my two bobs worth.

4 Likes

Get through a presser without sooking

10 or 11 wins next year and being super competitive, even in defeat, would be a great starting point.

I could not think of anything worse than winning 11 games, finishing 8th and losing by 10 goals in Week One. That same number of wins in 9th-11th would be considered a success next year.

1 Like

I hope he wins two premierships, next year.

1 Like
  1. FOUR QUARTER RELENTLESS HUNGER
  2. ACCOUNTABILITY
1 Like

We beat a grand finalist, we beat a prelim finalist, and we sacked the coach because we didn’t win enough games. We aimed higher than we should have and imploded. Again.

1 Like

Do better than his brother did this year.

Assess every player on the list.

Set standards

Players showing consistent intent

2 Likes

I’m quietly confident that we’ll put a strong showing in next year. Not saying we’ll make finals, but I’m anticipating much of Essington culture is going to get cut out over the next year. Some players will get ticked off, some will get the spray, but I think we’ll get much better out of most of them. At least our play won’t be embarrassing like at times this year.

1 Like

tis hard to say what expectations there are on him or the club, because as supporters we already have a fair indication what our weak points are.

if he makes improvement on them, but not the ladder it’s still ultimately good for us.

but in saying that he will no doubt have to find out those weak points on his own. hopefully he realises what they are quickly and changes them.

the obvious example of this is the midfield. if the midfield is parish, merrett and shiel and the are producing similar results as they have this year, if he hasn’t changed the setup of who’s in there, then questions should be raised.

so for me he needs to adapt quickly to what our weaknesses are. doesn’t need to be perfect, but there needs to be a clear path away from what has held us back, and he needs to identify it on the fly, which is the tricky part.

1 Like

It seems clear to me that we should have won a few more games in 2022. I’m not saying we’d have played finals but we should have done better than 15th.
There were a number of games where we ‘didn’t turn up’. There was a discernable lack of effort in some of our performances. I’m sure that Rutten ‘lost’ the players and that’s why he had to go.
If Scott can make sure we play good, consistent footy then that’s a very good start.

1 Like

I guess now my new expectation is “successfully staves off white-anting from Kevin Sheedy”

3 Likes

There’s so much room to improve pretty much anything would be a step in the right direction. Our kickins, our defending the corridor, our allowing the opposition to go coast to coast, our letting oppo forwards get cheapies out the back, our i50 entries, our goal kicking, our lack of sticking tackles, our handballing to the feet of a teammate who is under even more pressure… the list goes on. Any improvement in any of those areas would be welcome.

3 Likes

we are a gorilla kpf, gorilla kpb, gun small forward and a bullocking bigger mid away IMO. but depends how Scott addresses our weaknesses. Agree can’t surprise and win the flag but if things fell your way could do a fremantle or Collingwood or more likely a fark Carlton :joy:

2 Likes