Expectations for Brad Scott in 2023

I think the fact Brad Scott himself said there’ll be short-term pain should give an idea where he thinks the list is at. It is a bold thing for a new coach to say.

My guess is he expects bottom six in 2023, and then incremental (and sustained) progress following from that.

1 Like

In a linear fashion thank you!

I’d prefer exponential, but sure, linear would also be nice.

1 Like

All this talk today of the new coach, new expectations has psyched me up for a reinstall of football manager 2022.

Pity there isn’t an AFL equivalent.

If we could just show up prepared and switched on for the first Pre-Season game it would be nice

5 Likes

And that will depend on who drops off the list and who gets added

Tank for Watson and Reid

1 Like

I would be so happy if we did.

Spot on. There’s too many deficiencies as you say. The dynamic of the list needs to change, and that’s probably only going to happen if the big domino (Dodoro) falls, either willingly at the end of the trade period or the external review crucifies him. We lack skills by hand and foot, our midfield is by and large the same and lacks size. We don’t have any genuine key defenders, our small forward situation is laughably bad. There’s heaps of holes in this list that need to be addressed before we here anywhere near challenging…

2 Likes

I don’t expect us to win finals. But I do want to see a club that puts in an effort and makes any opposition win a hard fought battle. A cohesive playing group that plays to the best of their ability.

In the end it will really be 2024 that will be the real year. 2023 Scott comes in and establishes himself. 2024 I will expect improvement on top of 2023’s results.

Ruttens numbers this year were just damming. Not only no defensive effort, just no effort at all. Whether they realised or not the players voted against Rutten with their efforts. Or lack there of.

1 Like

Tuned into SEN today for the first time in years. Got 10 minutes of ads, then Dwayne Russell proclaiming Essendon as premiership contenders in 2023 because of Scott. Russell then took a string of calls from people who sounded like they couldn’t tie their own shoelaces.

Absolute comedy station.

5 Likes

We need to get Pick 5 & 7 this year.

And just have terrible year next year, where Parish leaves as an RFA.

Potentially getting Pick 1 & 2.

Hopefully we play all the kids next year, and look to the future.

5 Likes

I’m on board

1 Like

North without clako look destined for pick 1 again
and Hawks loosing a lot of experience will be in for a year of pain too.

1 Like

handballs that hit players on the run
some shepherds laid

start there and see how we go for '24

8 Likes

We will probably be the youngest team in the AFL next year.

Bottom 4
We have the youngest team in the AFL and Scott doesn’t develop young players allegedly
He wasn’t good enough for last year’s wooden spooners but somehow he’s going to work a miracle here

Top 4.

Anything else is a failure

2 Likes

i got the feeling he doesn’t expect anything of next year, so to expect to be bottom 6 would be underselling the whole seemingly point he’s trying to sell.

which seems to be, do the hard work, and the rest will take care of itself.

it wouldn’t be surprising if we made finals next year, moreso to do with the EFC pattern.

The difference in perception of who the msg is coming from also may make a big difference . regardless of if it was rutten or potentially yze the msg from them i’m pretty confident will be received differently to scott saying it.

whether that perception is warranted who knows, but 2 time premiership player coming from a strong era of brisbane, extensive head coaching career, inside knowledge of afl houseand a scary emotionally charged person telling you to do something i’m going to suggest he won’t suffer fools lightly, and maybe certain players will realise that now.

one thing scott may be able to weather better than the other 2 mentioned, is taking losses if you drop certain senior players for poor standards etc, whereas the younger coaches won’t have the same confidence.

so again wouldn’t be at all surprised if they made finals, the ■■■■ show that was this year and they got 7 by the end of it, you only need another 4 ish wins ontop of that to be in “our spot”

1 Like

Being back the MONGREL!

And rip the maggots a new one every time they ping us for some pissant free and/or fifty against.