Expectations for Brad Scott in 2023

What Rutten wasn’t doing.

Evidence of a defensively strong footy side without the ball.

A lack of 10 goal plus thumpings by round 23.

Looking like actually beating Richmond. It’s beyond a joke. We don’t win im not all gloomer but if it’s more pastings because we are just ■■■■ then fark i’ll have had it.

Really don’t care about anything else. You (typically) need a side with an average age of 25+ and a home ground advantage to snag a final win. We have yet to prove we have the cattle or game plan to make some finals yet(without a favourable draw)

1 Like

well said

1 Like

See even the heading of this thread isn’t quite right.

The focus and question should be what are our expectations for Essendon.

Its a small point but one of the things that I think is wrong with the place is a constant need to focus in on individuals.

My expectation is that Scott will contribute to changing this mindset and that we’ll start presenting, talking and acting as more of a team and as a club rather than as individuals.

I expect multiple individuals including Scott to help begin a change towards our players and people being more resilient, hard, consistent, brave, sacrificial, supportive and loyal.

The results will follow.

7 Likes

Yep.

The reasons Rutten got sacked must be wiped out.

Truck was otherwise a great guy I think, But he couldn’t get the side playing the type of football that beats well disciplined sides.

2 Likes

I learnt to let go of expectations. There are so many things that can influence the outcome which then could ultimately lead to disappointment.

As long as he sets a standard and lives by it, that’s all I can ask for.

I just want to know (injury pending) where the best position for: D’Ambrosio, Cox, Perkins, McGrath, and anyone else who got flicked around week to week is.

By 2024, need to be able to say for each of them, they play this spot and do this role.

Then we can start talking about targeted draft/trade strategies and building towards something.

1 Like

BRING BACK THE BIFF

3 Likes

What I picked up from Brad was. It doesn’t matter who you are, you have a role to play in the team and if you can’t or won’t play that role, then you’ll be replaced with someone that will/can.

1 Like

Role based footy.
Players who are clear on those roles.
Players who are committed to those roles.
Selection based on who can best fill roles.

And while we’re at it Fark Carlton!

2 Likes

to jumper punch sheedy out the front door

1 Like

Lloydy said 11 wins would be par…

I expect us to win a final and play a tough uncompromising brand of football.

I expect Voss to debut round 1. And he will probably be Scotts favouorite :wink:
That is if he doesnt get suspended in the preseason matches.

Transparency and visibility of both players roles and how the team should be playing.

If you can’t explain it to fans like our last two coaches than how can you expect players to understand it. Fans are pretty switched on these days, the game is not that complex. A coach should be able to explain expectations without jeopardising the oppositions strategy against us.

I would really like the youngsters to have specific roles and let the experienced players fill the holes around them and be agile to their role rather than the other way around.

1 Like
  • Players actually getting dropped if they aren’t sticking to the game plan.

• Two way running

• Better fundamentals.

4 Likes

Not reverting back to the easy plan if we lose a few games.

2 Likes

Learnings anyone :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously be interesting to see who he brings in

Clearly we weren’t fit enough

Take the preseason seriously

Make them earn there spots

Passion in the coaches box

Quarter time half time three quarter on ground sprays of the playing group when standards drop

Mouth guards all
Training sessions

1 Like

To do what Woosha and Rutten didn’t. Which is work through the list and make tough calls, if we go backwards so be it. He’s got 4 years, next year should be a reset identifying the players who can and want to take us forward.

4 Likes

The list has flaws for which he is not responsible for.

What can and must change are - defensive structures, running both ways, tackle hard, pressure, effort.

Players should be expected to pressure, pressure pressure. Second, third efforts. You don’t do this you’re dropped.

9 Likes

Let me preface by saying that I am not expecting this, but we can win the flag next year. I saw enough good signs this year amongst the ■■■■ that if we can get a good run with injuries, I actually think we can win enough games to finish top 4. From there, who knows.

Believe you bastards. Big ■■■■ Brad does.

2 Likes

You’re not expecting it because it can’t happen.

You don’t win flags with a list like ours. We are years off. We have nowhere near enough quality senior players, senior leaders or reliable key position players.

And that’s if he’s able to even reverse the distaste that the group has for running both ways and playing team first footy in one off season.

Let’s give him a chance to implement change and develop this playing list and where necessary reshape the list to fill the obvious holes that currently exist. That will take a few years.

5 Likes