Experience

Gleeson. Kids going to take Brownlow votes off Heps in years to come.

Hep and Gleeson and Zerret doing 90% midfield time together somewhere around 2016 would be an insane to watch. So much silk.

They‘re no HAMS.

Making a silk mid from a sows rear.

We would have close to the oldest list in the comp now, so we have the right demographics for immediate success. We really need to capitilise and start winning finals.

With this line up we cannot, will not, must not, absolutely better b-well not lose any games to any  bottom 6  team or bottom 8 team for that matter.

Hirdy better tell the team,  that there are no easybeats in the competition.   No pencilling games in.

Are you experienced?

Have you ever been experienced?

I reckon laverde will have Ambroses spot in that lineup come round one

Who in that side throws themselves into contests without any regard for their safety just to win the ball for his team?
I count 2 Baguley and Ambrose.
Watson, Hibberd & Heppell don't exactly lack in that area.

No doubt but they do it a tad more gracefully, Smarter I suppose.
Henry Slattery threw himself into contest like that 2, so did Gavin Wanganeen. I know who I would have play back pocket.
It's no offence to Ambrose, but Laverde, provided he can do most of what he did at u18 level at AFL level offers a more potent offensive output with a greater ability to swing into the midfield at a similar height. So does Langford for that matter, but there is a lot of Fyfe about Laverde

I dont quite get where you're coming from here. I see Ambrose as a 3rd tall forward. Langford looks like he could be that type possibly from the draftees, but I look at Laverde and see midfielder. And the midfielder I see is likely to start off as a more outside type. I don't see Ambrose and Laverde competing for the same position at all for a while at all, and really I expect Laverde to be a midfielder when he "grows up" anyway.

I would expect Ambrose to hold his spot there. He is having a huge pre-season and we are talking him up as a vital piece of our forward structure. Really working hard on the offensive side of his game, it would be nice to see him kick a few more goals.

I have been watching some selective replays from games this year and you notice how any pressure acts Ambrose puts on that result in goals. If he does improve the offensive side which I think he will because he sounds like a real hard worker then he could be a huge player for us next year. Remember he only has had one preseason with us.

The 'brose just goes & goes ...

Nobody puts Ambo in a corner.

Call the Ambo!

call the ambos cause you just got Ambrosed!

Zac Merrett throws himself into and at a contest and the boy does love a tackle.  Watch him grow in 2015.

Oldest list averages

Dockers 25.1; Kangas 25.0; Bombers 24.6; Hawks 24.6; Swans 24.3; Cats 24.3.

Without Fletch - drop to 6th behind the Cats.

So much upside there ^. 

Age profiles are so meaningless.

Bar Watson and Goddard, the majority of our key or most important players are 25 or under.

Bar Watson and Goddard and Hocking and Hooker and Stanton and Bags and Fletcher and Chapman and Winders, and probably Cooney too, the majority of our key or most important players are 25 or under.

Agree.

More than half of our most important players are over 25.

6 of the top 10 of the B&F - our captain, vice captain, and last stand-in captain, our main tagger, our best backman, our back and forward line generals.

Good point well made.

Bar Watson and Goddard and Hocking and Hooker and Stanton and Bags and Fletcher and Chapman and Winders, and probably Cooney too, the majority of our key or most important players are 25 or under.

Agree.
6 of the top 10 of the B&F - our captain, vice captain, and last stand-in captain, our main tagger, our best backman, our back and forward line generals.
Good point well made.

Counting Bags is iffy as he has only played what? 3 seasons and I bet would actually feel a lot younger than 27 due to actually not having played AFL football professionally since he was 18.
Hibberd, Bellchambers, Heppell, Zach Merrett, Daniher, Carlisle, Ambrose, Hurley, Myers, Zaharakis, Colyer.
Plus the likes of: Ashby, Gleeson, Kommer, Hams, Melksham, Pears, Kavanagh, Browne, Steinberg, Jackson Merrett who are all under 25 and are potential best 22 players in the future if they kick on and improve or gain back form.
Majority:
—noun, plural ma·jor·i·ties.
1. The greater part or number; the number larger than half the total (opposed to minority ): the majority of the population.
2. A number of voters or votes, jurors, or others in agreement, constituting more than half of the total number.
3. The amount by which the greater number, as of votes, surpasses the remainder (distinguished from plurality ).
4. The party or faction with the majority vote: The Democratic Party is the majority.

Who in that side throws themselves into contests without any regard for their safety just to win the ball for his team?

Henry Slattery threw himself into contest like that 2, so did Gavin Wanganeen. I know who I would have play back pocket.
It's no offence to Ambrose, but Laverde, provided he can do most of what he did at u18 level at AFL level offers a more potent offensive output with a greater ability to swing into the midfield at a similar height. So does Langford for that matter, but there is a lot of Fyfe about Laverde

I dont quite get where you're coming from here. I see Ambrose as a 3rd tall forward. Langford looks like he could be that type possibly from the draftees, but I look at Laverde and see midfielder. And the midfielder I see is likely to start off as a more outside type. I don't see Ambrose and Laverde competing for the same position at all for a while at all, and really I expect Laverde to be a midfielder when he "grows up" anyway.

Yep. Laverde to progress in the same way Heppell has. Starts as a more outside type unti lhe builds the strength to go inside as well. Heppell might have the edge on him with out and out silk but from accounts Laverde has some wheels on him to make up for it.

Agree.
Good point well made.

Counting Bags is iffy as he has only played what? 3 seasons and I bet would actually feel a lot younger than 27 due to actually not having played AFL football professionally since he was 18.
Hibberd, Bellchambers, Heppell, Zach Merrett, Daniher, Carlisle, Ambrose, Hurley, Myers, Zaharakis, Colyer.
Plus the likes of: Ashby, Gleeson, Kommer, Hams, Melksham, Pears, Kavanagh, Browne, Steinberg, Jackson Merrett who are all under 25 and are potential best 22 players in the future if they kick on and improve or gain back form.

At what point have Zerrett or Colyer or Ambrose or even (sorry, Dave) Myers been amongst our most important players?

I'd have our most important 10 guys as

Watson

Goddard

Heppell

Hibberd

Hooker

Hurley

Carlisle

Fletcher

Hocking

Chapman

And that's leaving out Stants.

Our oldies are very important. Look at the B&F any year you want to pick. Same names, again and again, the coaches know a bit. 

We don't have all that many oldies but the O25s we have are all leaders, almost all are locks for the starting 22, and almost all (probably everyone except Stants) are irreplaceable in that side that runs out every week.

I don't know what defintion you have for important...

Yep. Laverde to progress in the same way Heppell has. Starts as a more outside type until he builds the strength to go inside as well. Heppell might have the edge on him with out and out silk but from accounts Laverde has some wheels on him to make up for it.

I thought that one of the very few knocks on Hepp, as good as he is, is that he tends to loop his kicks too much and it results in allowing opposition players to spoil or mark the ball? He doesn't bullet passes as say a Watson or Goddard. This is something that Laverde does that Hepp doesn't often enough.
When I think of "silk" in the footballing term, I think of bullet passes and elite disposal. Which isn't something I would label Heppell just yet on field although I'm sure he will get there.
A better term that I would use for him is probably "class". As he is a classy player who tends to find a will and a way to dominate games and rise above the rest whilst also doing things that just leave you in awe and take your breath away.

Agree.
Good point well made.
At what point have Zerrett or Colyer or Ambrose or even (sorry, Dave) Myers been amongst our most important players?
I'd have our most important 10 guys as
Watson
Goddard
Heppell
Hibberd
Hooker
Hurley
Carlisle
Fletcher
Hocking
Chapman
And that's leaving out Stants.
Our oldies are very important. Look at the B&F any year you want to pick. Same names, again and again, the coaches know a bit.
We don't have all that many oldies but the O25s we have are all leaders, almost all are locks for the starting 22, and almost all (probably everyone except Stants) are irreplaceable in that side that runs out every week.
I don't know what defintion you have for important...

You see and now you have opened up a whole nother debate by stating your top 10 most important players which is open for debate.
Mine would be:
Watson
Goddard
Hibberd
Heppell
Hooker
Carlisle
Hurley
Bellchambers
Fletcher
Myers
Can we just chalk it up to us agreeing to disagree and save ourselves a whole lot more time and effort?

Yep. Laverde to progress in the same way Heppell has. Starts as a more outside type until he builds the strength to go inside as well. Heppell might have the edge on him with out and out silk but from accounts Laverde has some wheels on him to make up for it.

I thought that one of the very few knocks on Hepp, as good as he is, is that he tends to loop his kicks too much and it results in allowing opposition players to spoil or mark the ball? He doesn't bullet passes as say a Watson or Goddard. This is something that Laverde does that Hepp doesn't often enough.
When I think of "silk" in the footballing term, I think of bullet passes and elite disposal. Which isn't something I would label Heppell just yet on field although I'm sure he will get there.
A better term that I would use for him is probably "class". As he is a classy player who tends to find a will and a way to dominate games and rise above the rest whilst also doing things that just leave you in awe and take your breath away.

Fair call. I actually like your definitions of terms here.