Fake meat that's better at being meat than real meat!

Isn’t it incredibly risky to drink raw milk? I think I recall reading an article where hippies were buying it (you can buy it to bathe in, comes with an explicit warning that it is under no circumstances to be consumed) and giving it to their kids which runs a big risk of causing damage from the microbes or bacteria in it? As you can tell I’m no scientist but it seemed a pretty ■■■■■■ thing to do.

Grain fed beef is supposed to have the fat marbled through out it as opposed to being deposited around the outside. Now I don't know enough about meat now becasue I am a vegetarian, (despite have sons who are chefs) but that is what I learned at school.

Yes it is marbled throughout because the feedlot cattle are fed an energy rich diet to bulk up (or euphemistically described as “finishing”) and they don’t get exercise.

If you did a muscle biopsy of lazy people who eat American fast food you would see the same thing - fat distributed throughout the muscle.

This is a major risk factor that leads to insulin resistance, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, heart disease etc.

The cows don’t live long enough to get these problems, but IMHO eating grain fed beef with all that muscular fat is not healthy. Even though people think it tastes better, because of, well, the extra fat.

Intramuscular fat is not healthy for humans. Feedlots are not healthy for the cattle so how can eating feedlot beef with intramuscular fat be healthy for humans?

Disclaimer: I am not a vegetarian, but you may have gathered by now I hate bullshi+ from billion dollar corporations.

Yeah, but not quite true. Eating fat does not necessarily make you fat. That is a marketing ploy that was spun by those billion dollar corps that you have such feelings for. So maybe you need to revisit that belief.

Of course I didn’t say eating fat makes you fat. Of course it depends on your energy expenditure. See that word “lazy” in my post? I didn’t think I needed to labour the point any further.

1 Like
Isn't it incredibly risky to drink raw milk? I think I recall reading an article where hippies were buying it (you can buy it to bathe in, comes with an explicit warning that it is under no circumstances to be consumed) and giving it to their kids which runs a big risk of causing damage from the microbes or bacteria in it? As you can tell I'm no scientist but it seemed a pretty ■■■■■■ thing to do.

Farking hippies. Ruining everything for the rest of us. :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting spin in the media and from the Govt on that case. Raw milk was the “probable cause” of death of the 3 year old Vic boy. Four other children also fell ill over a six-month period “after drinking” raw milk. The wording is important. Indeed, they did get sick after drinking raw milk. No doubt after doing a lot of things. The three most serious cases suffered kidney failure associated with the bacteria E. coli. Yet in each case, milk taken from the homes and the Mountain View Organic Dairy - said to be the source of the outbreak - tested negative.

Mountain View was selling about 3000 litres of its branded Bath Milk each week, so there was a lot of room for a widespread epidemic. Yet there were a mere five cases over six months with two different bugs.

But hey, we need to keep people safe. Let’s not give them the choice to determine what they put into their own bodies. Put some bittering agents into it, commonly used in varnish to prevent nail-biting, so that it tastes foul instead.

ffs. People are bathing in milk now? And Aussies wonder why there are people trying to get here by any means possible? Bath milk FTW FFS.

I’ve gotten used to the bitter flavor now. Nice with gin.

Isn't it incredibly risky to drink raw milk? I think I recall reading an article where hippies were buying it (you can buy it to bathe in, comes with an explicit warning that it is under no circumstances to be consumed) and giving it to their kids which runs a big risk of causing damage from the microbes or bacteria in it? As you can tell I'm no scientist but it seemed a pretty ■■■■■■ thing to do.

Farking hippies. Ruining everything for the rest of us. :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting spin in the media and from the Govt on that case. Raw milk was the “probable cause” of death of the 3 year old Vic boy. Four other children also fell ill over a six-month period “after drinking” raw milk. The wording is important. Indeed, they did get sick after drinking raw milk. No doubt after doing a lot of things. The three most serious cases suffered kidney failure associated with the bacteria E. coli. Yet in each case, milk taken from the homes and the Mountain View Organic Dairy - said to be the source of the outbreak - tested negative.

Mountain View was selling about 3000 litres of its branded Bath Milk each week, so there was a lot of room for a widespread epidemic. Yet there were a mere five cases over six months with two different bugs.

But hey, we need to keep people safe. Let’s not give them the choice to determine what they put into their own bodies. Put some bittering agents into it, commonly used in varnish to prevent nail-biting, so that it tastes foul instead.

When I was a kid we got our milk and cream in a billy from the people next door who had a Fresian cow and milked it by hand every day and separated it themselves. We had this for 7 years without any problems. I know that it was important to wash the ■■■■■ with warm water and I know that the cow sometimes pooped all over the milker. Best milk I’ve ever tasted.

1 Like

That’s how you get chocolate milk, right?

That's how you get chocolate milk, right?

Only Big M, so I have been told. Some people might say that, but I couldn’t possibly comment.

This thread has been enlightening. Thanks to the beef cow experts on here!

There’s a lot of mootual respect in this thread

I can’t believe it’s not mutton.

This thread has been enlightening. Thanks to the beef cow experts on here!

There’s a lot of mootual respect in this thread

A man could steak his reputation on the knowledge in this thread.
I myself have used it for a chop out in more than one debate.
No more cow ering in the corner of no knowledge for me.

*sorry Ivan

I won’t say I like how you don’t mince your words boot, … but I certainly have no beef with it.

It’s rare to find so many well done puns in online forums but Blitz really keeps plowing new ground.

I’d like to contribute more to this but it’s just way too cold for getting too clever down here today. It’s absolutely fresian!

MEAT

Can someone steer this threat back on topic?

You seem rather bullish about this.

I’m udderly determined.

I’m udderly determined.

Some might say you have quite a hide pushing this line.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

https://www.cowswithguns.com/old-cowswithguns-web/images/uzi.jpg

COWS AGAINST MEAT PUNS.ORG