Family Day

Would have to be @Stallion getting Joey’s autograph.

6 Likes

Is Joey back up to signing at full speed?

7 Likes

Your ambition is full but not to capacity.

I went to this last year with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. It was not fun

Can someone sneak a cheeky 5 yr contract under McGrath’s nose and hope he signs without reading?

4 Likes

Thumbs up to the rather robust, hair gentleman who finally put his tee shirt back on but only after receiving signatures from Tippa etc

Spent 40 minutes in line waiting to get my daughters face painted, didn’t bother lining up for the player autographs/photos because just looking at the line was traumatising. Pretty disappointing, mind you this was the first family day I’ve been to since 1991

Langford smiled!!!

7 Likes

He’s having his sock signed?

1 Like

The line ups for player signings were unbelievably long, but once you get there the players were very engaging which was nice.

Lined up in line 2 for my 5 year olds favourite player Devon Smith along with Shiel, Hurley and a few of the younger players.

Moved over to line 3 to try and get Tippa and Stringer for him but was told by a staff member to move along into another line. It was probably fair enough as this line was more than twice as long as any other!

So we moved into 4 and met Merrett, Hooker and Orazio which was good. All the players were really great with my kids and made sure to oblige with photos and a high five. Credit to them as I know for most men of this age kids aren’t really their thing.

After this it was 12.15pm and the asked for nobody else to line up in any line.

I’ve been thinking about it and I’m not really sure how you could improve the wait times. Perhaps instead of 5 lines of 9 players you could make it 9 lines of 5 but not sure it would do much… would be Interesting to see if a line of McDonald-Tipungwuti, Johnson, McBride, Bryan and Jones was still twice as long as every other one though!

Overall we enjoyed the day, a bit noisy under the pavilion but not much could be done about that due to the weather. The show rides and food added to the day and provided something else that the kids liked other than simply lining up for the players.

4 Likes

Someone should have got their kid to slip Joe a new 5 year contract and ask for his autograph on the dotted line.

2 Likes

Wait… that’s not Xavier Campbell?

2 Likes

fixed

1 Like

you’re smarter than that…

Humidity was off the scale…surely some industrial fans would have helped.

It’s a family day, so why shouldn’t there be a stage with a jumper presentation? Not everyone can get to the season launch!

The food was not surprisingly way overpriced. The access to the place was horrid. Obviously the club didn’t think to let Metro know it was on, as I am sure more would have attended had there been trains put on.

1 Like