Fan boycott

The players aren’t doing their job, refusing to tackle shows to me that they’re basically on strike.

3 Likes

Now it’s our turn

Ha, this reaonates with me.

I remeber walking out of the G after the 2000 GF at 17 years old thinking about how many more we will win.

My entire 20s and 30s have been trash with Essendon. It’s just such a slog nowadays.

2 Likes

I don’t think a boycott achieves anything. My biggest gripe in this game is bandwagon fans. Every club has them but it makes me sick how people just drop off when things are bad.

Still remember being there in 2016 when 12k turned up at Marvel v GWS. We pushed them all the way and the place was going bonkers at one stage, but made me sad that so many people simply drop off like that.

7 Likes

You can only truly criticise the side when you see them in the flesh and see where they aren’t working off the ball.

That’s our problem. The players don’t work.

But yeah I’m boycotting now. Two expensive footy trips for two ■■■■ performances is enough.

I’m starting to question what I do watching them for 2 hours on a weekend even on the telly. There are other nice things to do with my time.

3 Likes

I get the impression they spend more time brainstorming this ■■■■ than they do selecting a coach with due process, and that’s where the problem lies. That and it’s tone deaf given where the club is at.

They just want to maximise revenue out of all of us, that seems to be their main goal. They see the seat next to you as the ■■■■■■■ product, rather than the on field performance. It’s disgusting.

2 Likes

Really…think of the kids of today.

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from for sure, but people are spending their hard earned to go watch the kind of ■■■■ they served up against Sydney. The top ups showed far more heart for all of 2016 than the players did on the weekend.

There is a breaking point I feel.

10 Likes

Young work colleague of mine knows nothing else but the ■■■■ Essendon.
What a horror show.

Haven’t been since Anzac Day and just cancelled my 15 year membership as a result of this re-signing of X.
Have been through some of the worst years of this clubs existence and stuck fat but I’m done now.
No more $$$ from me until something changes at the top and we don’t reward mediocrity.

16 Likes

Treat members like idiots.

Did you tell them why you canceled? If you’re going down that route make sure you do.

2 Likes

Its easy to come on here and s lag off all and sundry and throw in the towel. But if its your team, its your team, your club. Officials, players, staff and even waterboys move on but the club, team, stay the same if its yours.
Become plastic and chase success like some but really true supporters stick fat. I have a whinge and moan but
I ’ ll stay a bomber.

17 Likes

I cant be arsed going.
Stupid rules,overpriced food and mid strength beer and a rudderless team.
I still love em to bits but I’ll watch from home.
7 years straight membership for me and out daughter up until 2019.
Came home from being born the week the saga broke. Poor girl has seen some seriously hard times with a sprinkling of highlights.
We cheer and high 5 when we win and/ or play well though.

7 Likes

Does anyone have a list of our sponsors?

I’d like to write to them and notify them I will not support their brand if they continue to support the club under the current administration.

1 Like

My son was born during saga too. It’s good that he won’t remember it, but he’s not much interested in Essendon the way things have been. My partner only knows the club as a failure as well. She doesn’t understand how or why I’m as passionate passionate I am - but as I said the other day I’m in acceptance mode now. I’ll try only as hard as the team. So many false dawns - and I really thought something had changed last year. I’ll try when they try from now on. This X news is a real kick in the guts.

6 Likes

And we got stiffed by the umps! But it was a good day at the footy. I dunno, it’s in my blood, I’ll probably go on Saturday night to watch the flogging. I would lose the connection if I didn’t go I think. Clearly many would like to sever the connection. There is nothing rational about being a supporter; the non-rationality is the beautiful thing about it. If you are only about I don’t think you are really a fan. I recall being at a Richmond game some years ago when they started stirring. A bloke in the dunny yelled out that he’d give anyone who had scarf more than 5 years old 50 bucks…no takers. I got his point.

Having said all that. I’m as disappointed as anyone at what we are getting in most games this year

1 Like

Sure did.
Wrote this in my email to the club:
I am cancelling because my club is a joke and I am sick of donating money each year and being taken for granted. This club continually rewards mediocrity and is completely corrupt. You won’t get another cent from me until something changes.

Doubt it will have any impact but I’m just so done with them atm!

4 Likes

Well at least that’s something

1 Like

Are you guys really serious ?

Seems a bit childish to me. If you no longer want to support the Bombers just go away quietly. If you really do love the Bombers stay and make a noise.

10 Likes