Fan boycott

My only concern about fan agitation, boycotts and sponsor pressure is that the club misinterpret it as needing to trade out draft picks to bring in the next bunch of overpaid pretenders rather than rebuilding the list properly.

1 Like

That’s exactly what they are doing. It’s the only sound the club will listen to.

12 Likes

I don’t understand the “I don’t go to the footy or watch, I just go on Blitz and bag them”… if you don’t care that much, what are you doing on a FAN forum and why would you spew vitriol about something you profess not to care about?

4 Likes

No it is not. Once you leave, you are forgotten.

There are many times in the last 50 years, I could have quit being an ALP member due to some serious farkups and poor policy. But it would have deprived me of a voice and any ability to engender change.

Because 99% of people came here with a shared passion for Essendon, and discuss A-Z about life while simultaneously supporting the team.

It’s not the forum’s fault the team is currently playing like dogshit

8 Likes

I switch off at 1/4 time and read blitz
Love it

2 Likes

Boycotting means the club is missing out on money and this is the only thing they care about. Hitting the coffers is the only thing that will make them pay attention.

9 Likes

We have no voice. Literally none. The board elections are a sham. That shiny new facility has nothing for the fans. It’s a soulless desert. The club is a corporation, the only way to make them listen is to influence the bottom line. It’s the one thing they won’t ignore.

26 Likes

Exactly, it’s pointless being a member. We are powerless to do anything meaningful.

1 Like

I agree about the Hanger, it is a dead pit and every time I have there, I see players sitting around listless in the coffee shop. Reminds me of some new Universities, absolutely no good vibes there.

But I disagree about Board Elections; Members have the power to change it by voting, but most do not care enough to vote…

1 Like

Boycotting will most likely end up with a sacked coach and the same guys in the ivory towers perpetuating their mistakes and driving the same shittruck. Feels like the Knights era over again, and I actually think Rutten could be a good coach, but there is too much interference self interest and dysfunction from the higher organization. There’s always a scapegoat.

That said I have no suggestions.

3 Likes

Our board elections are just like the Eurovision contest
Rigged and a popularity contest

2 Likes

Do you vote ?

1 Like

That’s true enough. And something I’ve banged on about many times to no effect. But it’s also true that with Sheeds, Wellman and Madden on the board there’s very little chance of anyone successfully running against them.

If overnight, 10k members cancelled, they would sure as hell sit up and take notice.

6 Likes

What is the point of voting when the board appoints Directors without voting?

1 Like

Yes and in times when I had more spare time I’ve even attended AGM’s

1 Like

Not exactly true.

10 Directors - 6 are elected, 4 are appointed.

1 Like

Clearly not about not wanting to support the club. I want to support them more than anything. If you are happy and enjoy the way we are going good for you

I go every time possible. There is great joy in watching those who give everything and are going to be part of the next surge.

Under pressure you find the diamonds.

2 Likes

I never said all directors, I was mostly refering to Sheedy getting appointed, but the question is why are all 10 not voted in? Why are 4 exempt from the democratic process? Why do we not get a say in who those 4 are?