Fark carlton continues

1 Like

Sounds like Blitz, right up until the Bulldogs game in 2019.

Weitering, Walsh and McKay are elite, but there is a huge drop off after that. They are Essendon from 2017-2020

3 Likes

I refuse to take pleasure in their failed season, when we are sitting 12th? Going to miss another finals.

Side by side over the last 10 years, they have won more finals than us?

They have also won more wooden spoons than us in that 10 year period, and the same amount of premierships

3 Likes

The 2 finals they won were because of us. The first one where we limped into the finals and weren’t ready in 2011. The second when you know what happened in 2013. Hardly the pinnacle of success for FCFC.

1 Like

So they give you variety.

I think they have a better spine than us. I fear they will make some coaching changes, tinker the list and start to execute on their talent before us.

Especially if they get Clarkson

Gosh, I’m envious of their three spoons.
Such variety.

Fark Carlton.
Hope they get another one next year.

3 Likes

Execute their talent?
Surely that is a bit extreme, even for them.

1 Like

Was Tom Browne saying that Teague would be gone at seasons end?

It wouldn’t surprise.
Blooos will do it for sure, it is only a matter of time.
Lots of shuffling going on behind the scenes right now, calls, texts, emails, messages flying back and forth through the ether. My gut feeling is they have already made a decision on his replacement, come on down Clarko.

1 Like

Hmmm you reckon they would only let Teague go if they got some sort of commitment from Clarko

■■■■ has been saying for a while that he will coach Carlton

The Bluemour thread on bigfooty is pretty sure that it’s going to be Lyon (sorry Nino).

I think Lyon is better fit for them imo

Carlton main issue seems to be their ability to defend under Lyon he’ll get the defence fix upped any player who refuses to run defensively wont get a game

Like that time they went after Malthouse

Mick was a square peg for a round hole. The list Ratten built was not suited for Mick’s game style.

Sadly I think Clarko would make this lot significantly better, they have enough good ball users to implement his preferred style.

The big question would be if they’re mentally prepared to do all he would ask of them.

l was not serious about them getting Clarko, but they would have someone lined up. If Clarko said he wanted the position, l reckon he would get the job. l hope he doesn’t get the job, he is just what Caaarlton need to pull them into shape.

1 Like

Wasnt Ratten sacked after losing to Gold Coast?

I think he had long enough to chop and change and get them up and about. There are a heap of factors but the main one is ■■■■ Carlton.

2 Likes

A fark Carlton tradition after Wallsy got sacked when Capper snagged one for the Bears to beat them at Price Fixer Park.

5 Likes