Fark carlton continues

I am not sure if I caught a glimpse of John Worsfold with mask on among the FC “brains trust” coaching group in the last game. Did anyone notice this ?

I any case, as an assistant invited by the FC “dead man walking” coach David Teaugue , John looks like being unemployed again in 2 weeks maximum.

1 Like

Also sacked Silvani

1 Like

AFL 2021: The latest on David Teague’s coaching tenure at Carlton

Michael Warner

A report on Monday morning suggested Carlton coach David Teague had been sacked. But the Blues have fired back. So did the Sunday night meeting really happen?

AFL: Carlton is set to miss the finals for the eighth season in a row after copping a loss to the Gold Coast Suns in round 21

Carlton went into damage control on Monday morning amid reports coach David Teague had been sacked.

Top-rating 3AW morning host Neil Mitchell reported that Teague had been told at a meeting on Sunday that he would not be coaching the Blues next year.

David Teague has been sacked by the Blues. Picture: Michael Klein

David Teague has been sacked by the Blues. Picture: Michael Klein

“I just got a tip from a reasonable source, so it’s a red hot tip unconfirmed, that the coach of Carlton (David) Teague has been told, was told yesterday in fact, that his tenure will finish at the end of the year,” Mitchell said.

“So Teague is out and there will be other changes as well - other people within the club will be no longer required.

“That’s unconfirmed but it would seem to make sense.”

The Blues reacted angrily, telling Mitchell no such meeting had taken place.

“Carlton footy club have been in touch, they say there was no meeting with David Teague yesterday …” Mitchell said.

“Look, if it hasn’t happened yet, it will happen …”

Carlton were soundly beaten by the lowly Gold Coast Suns at Marvel Stadium on Saturday.

The under-fire Blues board, facing the threat of an extraordinary general meeting from disgruntled members, is awaiting the findings of an independent review into its football department operations.

Teague, 40, is contracted for next year.

Long may it continue.

6 Likes

Hopefully they sack him/announce his sacking that week. Usually works.

1 Like

No we’re not. If West Coast lose 2 games, which is very likely, then it won’t matter what GWS do

4 Likes

I for one hope they continue with Teague…his mediocrity as a head coach is most welcome.

6 Likes

Fark ISIS

1 Like

THE ISIS ARMY WONT LIKE THAT ONE BIT RICHO!

Wow this thread took a dark turn. A dark NAVY turn.

3 Likes

I KNOW YOU WANT TO CARLTON

14 Likes

Enough to go blue.

I’ll show myself out.

Looks great, and they can work on their learnings for the next 20 years.

And we can pick up some of their high draft picks on the cheap for 4th round picks after they get sick of a few years of learnings at the FCFC.

Saad curled up somewhere in the fetal position sucking his thumb.

Who is this Saad person of which you speak of?

Some bald prick. Lives around Coburg, pretty quick I heard.

Yeah, pretty quick to jump ship!

1 Like

Then/Than. Not that hard.

He’s gone out on a limb there

There was already a Fark Carlton (open) thread! Did we need two?

Double the FarkCarlton.

2 Likes