Fark carlton continues

Punchable head is pretty standard for a Carlton player. I can’t think of many that I didn’t want to punch. Maybe lance whitnall, but only because I’d be worried the punch might accidentally make him more attractive

2 Likes

So sad FC lost. (Stifles laughter.)

1 Like

Thank God for that, I was preparing a list of chores to do next Saturday, you know really fun stuff like spring cleaning the entire house, taking my wife clothes shopping and praying for 46 knee injuries.

Now I only have to ask the Gods for 25.

Serious question, do you think the umpires will actually require Collingwood to handpass? I sware they had more thrown passes to get into a GF than Penrith on Friday night…

1 Like

Good to see their two big name heros really standing up in finals footy: Cripps and Curnow.

3 Likes

I believe Cripps was pretty sore with protection over his ribs but he did sfa along with Curnow who had no excuses.

If you are going to play in a prelim injured then you simply cannot use it as an excuse.

5 Likes

They are primed for a tilt at a flag in the next 3-4 whether we like it or not. Like @James98 said hopefully we can get our ■■■■ together in that time and be a club to stop that from happening.

1 Like

The do have a lot of spuds though. Can they overome Motlop, Cotrell, Shitonet, Kennedy et all. Time will tell

1 Like

Not sure I agree. I think they will be playing finals but I don’t think they’re strong enough to win a GF. I mean, they had an absolute dream run in the back half of the year and in the finals.

Even that Melbourne game, they’re pretty lucky that one of the dees best players was concussed the week before.

The blues have some serious list deficiencies that are being held up by a ■■■■■■■ gun in Curnow.

3 Likes

I think they have some real issues in the Midfield. Similar problems to us. Lots of same-ish players. Cripps is the outlier but he’s not getting any younger.

1 Like

Their run home and finals consisted of beating Melbourne x2, Collingwood, Port Adelaide and an in form Sydney. They have shown they can definitely take it up to the best teams of the comp.
Every team no matter how good they are have their deficiencies though. Collingwood are going into GF next week without a key forward. Melbourne also played without a key forward target in both their finals.
FC have recruited well to address their list gaps in recent years and will no doubt be targeting players to address that this off season too.

1 Like

They also got very lucky the Swans and Dees could not kick straight. They should have lost both those games and were the poorer team. Even yesterday’s game was closer than it should have been.

5 Likes

You could say the same about Collingwood with their final against Melbourne and arguably against GWS too. If giants had of hit up all their inside 50 targets that were free, umpires didn’t miss all those obvious freekicks or Toby’s snap had gone another metre it would be a very different GF next week.
Competition so even this year that having a bit of luck go your way was always gonna be a factor.

3 Likes

Maybe, but this season showed how even it is outside of the top 2, I don’t put them at that level.

Agree with your second point.

Or quicker

100%.

The bottom part of their best 22 is seriously average. A big reason for their run in the second part of this season, was that said average players began to play well above themselves.

Without addressing this issue, they won’t be able to take that next step. Here’s hoping that their run this year has papered over these cracks, and they don’t address it

1 Like

Essendon’s next steps >>>>> Carlton’s next step

https://x.com/candour100/status/1705750456990052787?s=46&t=CvCdJ1KI5DL_ny1w6V9PNw

Probably telling them not to put meat on his pizza

11 Likes

Informing them he is going to request a trade because Voss made him play on Cameron.

23 Likes