Fark carlton (Part 1)

Roos puts me to sleep On the Couch, especially when he says everything a 2nd time.

Lol.
Please Roos to Fark Carlton.
Pretty please.

8 Likes

I reckon it would be hilarious if they appoint Roos/Voss and it goes belly up and Teague ends up with a job elsewhere and becomes a very successful coach.

When Eade was sacked from sydney whenever it was (2002?) wasn’t Wallet basically a done deal but then Roos did such a good job as caretaker Sydney were basically forced into appointing him.
It feels like appointing Teague would be a similar decision to the Roos one back then and going with Voss/Roos would be like appointing Wallet

4 Likes

Correct you are. Wallace was pretty much signed, sealed and delivered to Sydney, and they backed out of the deal at the 11th hour to appoint Roos. Wallace then took over the Tigers in 2005 and his coaching career went to kaka from that point. He did well at the Dogs, had them batting well above their average for a club without any real financial muscle…

2 Likes

Definitely get the sense that’s going to happen

Why the fark don’t they just bring Roos in to work as coaching director for Teague?

Whatever inexperience they view he hasn’t got which concerns them Roos can assist with.

2 Likes

50? Didn’t it start with Barassi? I love footy stereotypes

2 Likes

■■■■ Carlton that scum bag club, never let them in

what if they simply think he is the best target to coach them ?

this coaching merry go around this time around seems to be the care taker coach is the best thing to happen since sliced bread.

shaw with north, teague with carlton, well ratten’s a lil different as he’s already been a coach.

it’s banking a hell of a lot of faith in a person who essentially gets a free hit, gets to come in and play the nice fun guy who lets them pretty much do whatever they want.
and you’re banking the lift in form all three teams have had isn’t an exception to the rule of where they are at as a whole.

also with the salary cap on coaches, why would any club waste money on appointing an overseer essentially on the head coach?
roos doesn’t seem like he’d want to get his hands back into coaching full time enough to make it worthwhile so i don’t think anyone can afford to have him or anyone just sitting there watching the head coach saying this is what i’d do or did in my hay day.

If Roos was being parachuted in, the AwFL would have to be giving FCFC some huge headroom on the football dept salary cap.

I reckon Roos has an I love the AFL tattoo on his chest. A small show of loyalty.

1 Like

Heard todayfrom a good source that the Carlton job is Ross Lyon’s if he wants it. Nothing would make me happier seeing that sad sack coach ■■■■ Carlton.

9 Likes

I have it on very good authority that Norm Smith has been offered the role, Paul Roos to mentor him

5 Likes

Players reputedly went berko when Wallet was appointed.

Sydney had to pay Wallet out a year or two of his contract.

3 Likes

Why the ■■■■ would you bring Roos in, to begin with?

Because Melbourne are working out so well?

1 Like

CULTURE

1 Like

Roos or Ross undo any good work Teague has done. Typical FC quick fix that will ruin the club for 10 more years.

1 Like

And the problem with that is?

12 Likes

Oh there’s no problem at all.

5 Likes

LOL Fark Carlton.

1 Like

Norm Smith used to be our garbo and he can kick a footy a mile.