Fark carlton (Part 1)

It’s the main reason I want him gone…

1 Like

The are 2 Silvagnis on the Carlton list. Ben was drafted this time last year at pick 70.

On the face of it there is a definite conflict of interest. There are ways of avoiding that, like sitting out the selection process. But the reality is that personal “pressure” status and obligation gets around it even if the conflicted person sits out the process.

But, the straw that broke the Fark Camels back was probably when SOS re-signed his own son after a long period of indifferent performances, on the sniff of a recent improvement in form.

SOS deserved it. Footy list management is performance based. Not name based.

4 Likes

Rookie Jack when he gets delisted just to sh*t FCFC fans. Hire SOS. make them a family synonymous with the Essendon Football Club. SOS might finally admit that he didnt touch the Michael Long goal.

4 Likes

imagine c*nton quoting a conflict of interest as a factor.
SoS just couldn’t maintain the impeccably high ethical standards of Pratt, Elliott, Collins, their whole club in the 80s and 90s etc etc etc.

4 Likes

I’d rather keep the list spot availabe for Max Fletcher *If hes good enough

They are synonymous for that very reason.

And it’s great.

Fark Carlton.

1 Like

As iconic as the not touched Long goal was, this is always how I’ll remember tHe fUlL bAcK oF ThE cENTuRy.

Edit: And yes, I get that the last nine or so weren’t on him. That’s how pissweak he was.
Modes slaughtered him so bad they moved him.

And…just as a side note, it probably helps that the ‘93 comeback happened and I was there to see it, but I don’t think I’ve ever liked an opposing side more than Adelaide 93-98.
Modra
Rehn
The Jarman Bros
Liptak!
McLeod
Smart
Hart
McGuiness
Just pure footballers. Not dirty.
They’d have spanked Carlton in ‘93 if they got past us.

7 Likes

Could play a bit old Godra.

Just a tad.

I was at that one, and the 13 against Richmond.

He’s been in a decent farking paddock since retirement though, I can tell you.

Yep back in that era I liked watching the Crows and Cats as a Neutral

Crows - Modra, Rehn, Jarmans, McLeod, Smart, hart - as named above
Cats - Abblett, Brownless, Couch, Hocking, McGrath

Then when Port came in…and Cause wanganeen was my favourite
Port - Wanganeen, Cummings, Hardwick, Cockatoo-collins were all players i followed.

Then post that era 2004/2005 i probably focused more on individual players re dream team stats etc. And watched less neutral games/

2 Likes

Debuted at 23.
Kicked a hundred and twenty something goals in his second year.

Footy has a lot of injustices, but that he couldn’t get on the park in the 97/98 flags is one of the big ones.

10 Likes

Like Elvis, sad to see the greats let themselves go.

Must have blown out fairly recently then. He was on my flight back from LA in 2017 and he looked in decent nick.

Shared paddock.

3 Likes

I think someone should turn that image into a ballerina type snow globe, with him just spinning in the middle of falling pies.

11 Likes

“who ate all the pies…?..who ate the pies…?”…

1 Like

Don’t reckon he shares much.

1 Like

Any discussion about SOS does not belong in here.

Take it to this thread:

Not quite that vast a paddock.

Last I saw Mods was March this year and he’d slimmed down again.

I would.

You’d turn?

1 Like