Fashion

Mercifully no such pictures exist. In fact I may well have had a ritual burning of the offending attire, had I not paid so damned much for them…

2 Likes

The true ones usually are… :no_mouth:

Just by the by though,… this mask look thing seems to have really taken off. :smirk:

Is this a rough approximation of the offending outfit?!!! :rofl:

https://30.cdn.ekm.net/ekmps/shops/454279/images/gant-cotton-pique-crew-neck-men-s-jumper-lemon-yellow-80021-732-size-medium-2756-p.jpg?v=1

8 Likes

Now I am the ultimate fashion free zone but my better half is a vintage fashion guru with an online store and a stall in Tyabb to prove and profit from it. When I mentioned your comment on denim overalls she instantly waxed lyrical. Apparently 70s and early 80s fashion is right in at the moment(and the moment in vintage fashion is regularly fleeting she tells me). She lamented she has a pair of such outfits in her stall at Tyabb but says they’re so small they’d struggle to fit a stick insect. Anything bigger, if she could get them, would go in her online store and sell pronto.
Didn’t ask if she’d wear them herself, didn’t need to. What sells isn’t the same as what appeals, I’ve learnt that much.

4 Likes

This is my gear from a Bali wedding many years back

8 Likes

LOL!
Not bad - pretty close! Belt was more pale pastel orange - apricot if you like… Think it had alternating layers of apricot and cream running through it. I’m shivering thinking about it…

Oh, and jumper was a v-neck.

5 Likes

I get your point, but it’s a form of art that almost everyone participates in one way or another, even if they don’t want to - dressing “practical” is a style in itself.

I don’t strive to keep up with fashions, but I do find it fascinating what people wear and how it can set the tone for an occasion/event/place (night club, beach, office, bbq, rock show, gym) and it’s a huge reflection on any culture.

3 Likes

Nothing more embarrassing when you go to buy jeans and your either 5 years too late or 5 years to early, but never on trend.

And I get why skaters would hack the lower couple inches off their jeans, but everyone else just looks stupid.

1 Like

Hahaha. Now that you mention it, I think the staff at the 2 local cafes nearby would be very into these overalls.

Does your better half sell bike pants? I notice they are all the rage again.

Wow! Lol.

@Aceman please tell me your wore this down Hindley St last night.

Pants, shoes but no socks. Will never ever understand it

3 Likes

Tom Bellchambers says “get stuffed”…

1 Like

I have moved on from Levis 510 to now 512.

I’ve also decided to wear them into the office going forward as all my trousers have become so fkn tight around the waist since pre lockdown last year I can’t actually button it and buckle a belt around without discomfort.

4 Likes

She just said, “NO, NO and NO!”. Added that she puts such garments in the same category as 90s band tee shirts, which are apparently all the rage but she wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole, says even online fashion merchants have scruples.

1 Like

I like this woman a lot!

Do your white semi unbuttoned shirts and gold chains still fit ok?

2 Likes

I’m guessin Stal still has the black leather pants in a garment bag, hoping that 1 day he’ll fit into them again.

2 Likes

I think you’re confusing me with @Bomb_Doe vintage.

3 Likes

and diggers

1 Like

I buy the vast majority of my clothes from Rivers and Lowes, so fashion is of no interest to me.

Pret A Porter was a classic lash of the fashion industry, particularly the catwalk run when the designer clothes hadn’t arrived.