Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

No chance, better make sure we have some draft points saved up.

1 Like

That’s probably going to be a year of compromised drafting cos if Tassie coming in, which is a bit of a double-edged sword. One one hand, if Bewick keeps developing on his current track, it’s nice that we’d get a top talent in a compromised draft year. But on the other hand, when that happens the classic strategy is to trade out your first rounder for (which would be eaten by bids anyway) for players or future picks and a gaggle of later picks for fairy dust points. We won’t have that option, partly cos our first rounder will be pushed back by Tassie picks, partly cos Tassie will be trying to trade picks too and they’ll be desperate so the market will be flooded, and partly cos Tassie picks will bump all out picks back in the order so they’ll be worth less and we might have to hang on to them to bid match anyway.

3 Likes

14 Likes

why hasn’t koby nominated us yet?

4 Likes

Saw the score holly molly 9 goals thats crazy

Keeps going no doubt will be the number 1 pick

How old is he 13/14 gee whiz

Seems the apple hasnt fallen far from tree. If he just as good as the old man far out look out AFL

1 Like

So Koby’s draft year will be 2027, the same year as Tassie’s draft prior to starting in 2028 (assuming they don’t stuff it up due to politics)? Great timing!

First captain of the Tassie Devils

1. Bewick
6 Likes

He is still waiting on Stringer to nominate us.

1 Like

Imagine kicking 9 goals as a 14 year old and being rated as the 6th best player on the day lol

6 Likes

Where were they rated?

Not to be a negative Nancy but I remember a similar hype around Jake Long at the same age.
Hopefully SOB (son of Boris) can continue his trajectory

Named 6th best and recorded as such in the tallied results

I don’t.
Long might have made a under 16 rep squad but he wasn’t best in league as a under ager.

10 Likes

Yep. The only one I remember with this much hype was JD, who then did go very high.

yep Daniher went at 10, but could have went higher if not father son. Bit like Daicos really.

1 Like

I think at least from my perspective we we’re just hoping Long was going to turn out to be a gun because we were screwed over with draft picks.

I was hoping he would turn into a handy winger like Lovett.
But never seemed to have the pace of his dad or use it.
plus injuries cooked his junior years.
plus a lot of fans were annoyed we rookied him ahead of Walla.

It was a funny kind of career in that the few times he played seniors he did ok. But never really played outstanding football in the reserves. Going on reports from Blitz.

I wonder if we had better development how he would’ve gone. A lot of people picked on him when he played seniors.

However if you look at ben long I think thats what he would’ve become . Serviceable

2 Likes