Favorite Places To Eat

I was looking forward to lunch at Cajun Kitchen on Elizabeth St...where I had lunch no more than a fortnight ago.
Gawn...replaced by a Pho place.
Bastards!

Everyone loves Pho.

If you want Cajun, you just about need to go to N'Awlins.

If you want Pho, you go 5 doors down the street.

I was looking forward to lunch at Cajun Kitchen on Elizabeth St...where I had lunch no more than a fortnight ago.
Gawn...replaced by a Pho place.
Bastards!

Was talking with some people the other day about this, kept saying we should try it out but kept putting it off, finally get round to it and it's gone.
Way to many Vietnamese places at the moment, great food, but there's like 6 within that block. Probably even more if I looked a bit harder.

Sounds like you’ve made up your mind THT, but Maha goes alright and Red Spice Road.

I’ve gotta get round to trying Vue De Monde & Coda.

Industry Beans - Fitzroy.

Hard to find, but typical fitzroy / melbourne contemporary cool.

I’m here for a coffee, but I’ll be back to try the menu…they have…

DUCK BACON!!!

Cutler and Co in Fitzroy. Went for my birthday about a month ago. Expensive but so, so ■■■■■■ good.

Also Dunord on Little Bourke (IIRC). Scandanavian place. Also not cheap but fantastic. We were so fond of the dessert we ordered another one.

I think Gami chicken has been mentioned in here. Whilst I loved it, it took me a while to digest all that fried chicken (admittedly I ate too much :p). I can’t handle fried food very well.

Speaking of expensive.... anyone taking the punt on the Heston lottery?

Tempted, but boy is that a big whack of cash!

Nope. Even I’m not that crazy.

Cutler and Co in Fitzroy. Went for my birthday about a month ago. Expensive but so, so ■■■■■■ good.
Also Dunord on Little Bourke (IIRC). Scandanavian place. Also not cheap but fantastic. We were so fond of the dessert we ordered another one.
I think Gami chicken has been mentioned in here. Whilst I loved it, it took me a while to digest all that fried chicken (admittedly I ate too much :P). I can't handle fried food very well.

More beer.

The little table kegs are awesome.

Speaking of expensive.... anyone taking the punt on the Heston lottery?

Tempted, but boy is that a big whack of cash!

$500 for a meal?  Most of which, Heston being Heston, is probably just perfectly ordinary food painstakingly made up to look like different perfectly ordinary food?

Heston can get bent.

Is it $500 each I assume? We did once spend €560 on a meal, but it was our sole reason for going to a particular city so…

Is it $500 each I assume? We did once spend €560 on a meal, but it was our sole reason for going to a particular city so....

worth it?

Is it $500 each I assume? We did once spend €560 on a meal, but it was our sole reason for going to a particular city so....

worth it?

Well yes and no. It's #3 on the bestvrestaurants in the world list (Osteria Francescana for those interested). 13 courses, 2 of which were a bit meh. The others were obviously fantastic but we think we ate better at a one star restaurant in Rome thatwas only €100 each. You could also speak to the waiters there, where as in this other one they were way too formal.

worth it?

Well yes and no. It's #3 on the bestvrestaurants in the world list (Osteria Francescana for those interested). 13 courses, 2 of which were a bit meh. The others were obviously fantastic but we think we ate better at a one star restaurant in Rome thatwas only €100 each. You could also speak to the waiters there, where as in this other one they were way too formal.

Did you overhype it at all?

worth it?
Did you overhype it at all?
Oh not really. Our main gripes were that this one dessert had an overbearing lemon taste, and one dish was a bulb of lettuce with about 3 very small pieces of pancetta in it. It's not something I'd say matches up to the price. However apparently the main chef was sick that night, so could've had something to do with it.....

Need to go out for dinner fri night in melbourne with the old boy. Suggestions?

Decided to go to Saint Crispon in Collingwood. Got a couple of hats, near some bars, will be able to go there straight from the footy.

How did you go?

Good friend on mine runs it. As well as the Estelle on High Street.

Need to go out for dinner fri night in melbourne with the old boy. Suggestions?

Squires Loft is great but I think you have one in Perth.

Decided to go to Saint Crispon in Collingwood. Got a couple of hats, near some bars, will be able to go there straight from the footy.

How did you go?
Good frined on mine runs it. As well as the Estelle on High Street.

The food was really very good. I don't usually go for dishes with foam and stuff, but we had the 7 course menu I think, and all the dishes were great. There was one roast pork one which had the wife in a state of euphoria.
The only downside (which doesn't worry me and the mrs) was because they do a 6 and then an 8.30 sitting, the are busting their ■■■■ to get you through the courses. So you have dishes flying out to your table, and then a gap when I think they realise they'd need to slow down. But it suited us for an early night.
I liked Estelle too, but I reckon I need bigger meals and faster service, rather than tiny morsels that have been meticulously put together.

Scott has just bought out the shop next door to the Estelle and is going to make one BIG ESTELLE.

Estelle next door is going to be more robust rustic food. So you will love it.

Scott cooks that kind of stuff on our family holidays. Not a bad luxury!

Saint Crispin is so popular and churning so much money they had to put in 2 sessions.

When you win best new restaurant you need to cash in as quickly as possible.

It's a great room though.

Next door is my favorite burger in town. You tried the double smash burger form Rockwell and Sons?

The buffet dinner at the Langdon Hotel is excellent.