Favorite Places To Eat

dainty sichuan in box hill rocks my world. go there, you know you wanna.

Saturday breakfast inner north…any suggestions?

Yeah. Me likey too. Box Hill has some good places to eat.

dumpling king on station st.

seriously. f*ck

Macca's do a mean Double Quarter Pounder.

Saturday breakfast inner north....any suggestions?

Pope Joan or 2 Monks

Saturday breakfast inner north....any suggestions?

Pope Joan or 2 Monks

Buggy suggested Pope Joan...I think he was impressed by my impromptu ranting over our free coffee this afternoon.

When I get my new oven pan I'm going to make a massive moussaka. Can't wait.

I'll be right over

Me three. I'd love some good Greek food after going to one of the shittest restuarants around there.

You could do worse than Koutouki Cafe in Richmond, small but good food and reasonable prices- I commented on it on page 1

seriously. f*ck

Damn right.

Sichuan Restaurant up the end ofCarrington rd near the roundabout is pretty ■■■■■■ amazing too.

Haven't been to the BH verison of Dainty yet though.  I'm a big fan of Sichuan food, but it's a bit hard finding someone willing to go eat mounds of chilli with me!

I like dining at the "Y"

I like dining at the "Y"

Agree.

Such a sweet taste.

I like dining at the "Y"

As the Big Yin so succinctly puts it..."growling at the badger".

I like dining at the "Y"

If "dining at the Y" was the only option, I can think of a few posters around here you would have to assume were a fair chance to starve to death!

Fish and Chip at HunkyDpry in Clarendon St in Sth Melb.

Great fish, big choice, good value and really friendly and professional service

Red Spice Road at QV. We had the banquet -
Betel Leaf with Smoked Chicken, Mint, Toasted Coconut and Chilli
Scallop with Cucumber, Green Chilli, Crispy Shallot and Chives
Shredded Chicken Salad with Herbs, Lemongrass, Cucumber, Chilli and Kaffir Lime
Slow cooked Beef Cheek with Mushrooms, Vietnamese Mint and Chilli
Pork Belly with Apple Slaw, Chilli Caramel and Black Vinegar
Barramundi Green Curry with Snake Beans and Thai Eggplant
Lemongrass Panna Cotta with Lychee Sorbet, Lychee, Aloe Vera and Rosewater Meringue
The pork belly was insanely good, the beef cheek incredibly tender, and the dessert at the end was sublime. Will definitely re-visit!

1 Like

seriously. f*ck

this. or DC dumplings is just as good, if not better. cheaper too....

i'm going Dainty Sichuan tonight. . . expect code red ring sting stomorrow. . .

I like dining at the "Y"

Agree.
Such a sweet taste.
LOL

I like dining at the "Y"

Agree.
Such a sweet taste.
LOL

UN ESPERTO

Most of the places I like to eat are unfortunately overseas.

Indian food :- little restaurant in Muscat 4 course meal with mounds of Naan bread cost $14 a head and was incredibly good.

Arabic - small restaurant near the Gold Souk in Dubai, complete with Sheesha -mmmmm.

Hard Rock in Patong, Phuket - best lamb cutlets ever.

Dumplings - little vendor in food hall beneath Sim Lim Tower in Singapore.

takeaway - market between port and Kuantan in Malaysia, wow just wow.

Ice Cream - Swensons in Singapore - all you could eat ice cream for $20 odd dollars - 18 bowls later, just stay clear of the Durian.

Tony Roma's Singapore for ribs.

Cheap feast - takeaways on beach in Penang.

Pizza, love the way the Yanks make theirs.

Spring Roll - beach front restaurant, Goa India, about the size of 5 Chiko Rolls and cost about $2.

Kebabs - Kebab place at Warnbro Fair in Warnbro. Always packed, a sure sign that they are good.

Used to love De Marco's in East Keilor for a pub meal, before it got shut down. Loved Cyclop's Pizza in Moonee Ponds. The little Chinese takeaway on the Windy Hill side of Essendon Station. Used to get great Fish n Chips from a shop up in Napier St, Strathmore. Should be noted I haven't lived in Melbourne for nearly 30 years. Used to be a great Vietnamese restaurant just opposite the Vic markets and friends owned an Italian patissiere on Victoria St next to where the Home Barista Institute is now, just up the hill from the markets. Made fantastic cakes and gelati. They were there for decades, the old man started it and the sons ran it.

Indian food :- little restaurant in Muscat 4 course meal with mounds of Naan bread cost $14 a head and was incredibly good.

Arabic - small restaurant near the Gold Souk in Dubai, complete with Sheesha -mmmmm.

Ice Cream - Swensons in Singapore - all you could eat ice cream for $20 odd dollars - 18 bowls later, just stay clear of the Durian.

Spring Roll - beach front restaurant, Goa India, about the size of 5 Chiko Rolls and cost about $2.

Kebabs - Kebab place at Warnbro Fair in Warnbro. Always packed, a sure sign that they are good.

Used to love De Marco's in East Keilor for a pub meal, before it got shut down. Loved Cyclop's Pizza in Moonee Ponds. The little Chinese takeaway on the Windy Hill side of Essendon Station. Used to get great Fish n Chips from a shop up in Napier St, Strathmore. Should be noted I haven't lived in Melbourne for nearly 30 years. Used to be a great Vietnamese restaurant just opposite the Vic markets and friends owned an Italian patissiere on Victoria St next to where the Home Barista Institute is now, just up the hill from the markets. Made fantastic cakes and gelati. They were there for decades, the old man started it and the sons ran it.

Me Wah chinese perhaps? Its still there, I might give it a crack.

Krabi Thai on Keilor Rd folks is great.

Me Wah chinese perhaps? Its still there, I might give it a crack.

Krabi Thai on Keilor Rd folks is great.

Yep Me Wah. I can't guarantee that it will be the best Chinese you have ever eaten, but nostalgia does thing to your memories. They have been there since well before I left Melbourne in the mid 80's though, so they are doing something right.