Favourite Essendon Goals

Hird's goal vs Geelong in 2004 semi final was simply astonishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi-tm8k6DZE

Sublime.

I'm in that video.

Hird's goal vs Geelong in 2004 semi final was simply astonishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi-tm8k6DZE

Sublime.

I'm in that video.

your Mark Bolton?

Nope. I'm a mug punter on the side lines.

But I probably was a better footballer. B)

Dead heat for mine: James Hird vs Geelong semi-final 2004 & Tim Watson,last quarter vs Adelaide prelim final 1993… With that,there’s too many to choose from but they’re two of my faves…

Hird x 2 Anzac Day 2003.

Ryder, Dyson + Zaharakis Anzac Day 2009.

Lucas v NM, H&A game 2000. Got barrelled by a defender, no free, somehow got up with the ball and barrelled it through from outside 50.

Lucas x 7 v West Coast in the Hird/Sheedy game.

Misiti's 2nd 1st quarter goal in the 2000 QF. Nothing outstanding about it individually but it was the 5th in 6min or so and Bruce went nuts in the commentary box.

Zaka 09. It just didn’t seem real.

This one for me absolutely lost it in the living room.
dNF8Sta.gif

This one for me absolutely lost it in the living room.
dNF8Sta.gif

Gee, that looks good. GEE THAT LOOKS GOOD!!

Hird Freo Final.

Reboot has the clip somewhere

Mercuri's goal in the 93 Prelim. The play from the back pocket went like this.

Fletch goes against Liptak and Modra in the back pocket (northern side, 25 out at punt rd end). Both players go to him which leaves Wanganeen free. Fletch gets the ball and handpasses to Wanganeen who kicks it 30m to a running Ricky Olarenshaw "running through the center of the ground" Olarenshaw "streaming away with a 4th bounce" kicks it long to the 50 where it is marked by Calthorpe. Gets the handpass to Mercuri who run to 40 and "sits back and puts it THROUGH!!!!!"

To this day, that was the loudest roar I have heard at a footy (apparently Thompsons goal in the 84GF was just as loud)

The thing that stood out as much about the goal was all the guys in it were the Baby Bombers.

I know I said the Watson goal vs Pies this year was load but that was a different type of roar. That was one where we had sealed the game was a joyous roar. The roar for the Mercuri goal was a fired up roar, we had just kicked 4 goals in the first 10 minutes or so (maybe even less) and brought the margin from 42 points at HT to 16.

Hird Freo Final.

is that the one he kicked from the forward flank, somehow bounced in off right angles?

Hird Freo Final.

is that the one he kicked from the forward flank, somehow bounced in off right angles?
I remember something like that too. Everyone thought Rioli kicked it off the ground but it was the weird bounce that let it go through.
Another mad goal for mine in that final was Lloyd's off the ground, after Hird being tackled viciously on the boundary, picks up the ball, and does an incredible backwards handball that travelled 20m. Unforgettable moment.

One that hasn't been said yet. 2007 v West Coast at the Dome, Lucas on the boundary kicks the ball 55 meters to Lloyd one out in the square on Glass. Marks with one arm, kicks the goal

Mercuri's goal in the 93 Prelim. The play from the back pocket went like this.
Fletch goes against Liptak and Modra in the back pocket (northern side, 25 out at punt rd end). Both players go to him which leaves Wanganeen free. Fletch gets the ball and handpasses to Wanganeen who kicks it 30m to a running Ricky Olarenshaw "running through the center of the ground" Olarenshaw "streaming away with a 4th bounce" kicks it long to the 50 where it is marked by Calthorpe. Gets the handpass to Mercuri who run to 40 and "sits back and puts it THROUGH!!!!!"
To this day, that was the loudest roar I have heard at a footy (apparently Thompsons goal in the 84GF was just as loud)
The thing that stood out as much about the goal was all the guys in it were the Baby Bombers.
I know I said the Watson goal vs Pies this year was load but that was a different type of roar. That was one where we had sealed the game was a joyous roar. The roar for the Mercuri goal was a fired up roar, we had just kicked 4 goals in the first 10 minutes or so (maybe even less) and brought the margin from 42 points at HT to 16.

Was in the ponsford stand that day,Mercuri's goal & Watson's in the last quarter were two of the loudest roars I've heard at a bombers game,deafening!!

That Watson goal in the 93 prelim still makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. The goal by O’donell in the last quarter that put is front was pretty fkn loud aswell.

After what we went through this season I reckon if Jobe did exactly the samething as his old man in a prelim it would be the biggest roar and prob most emotional we’ve all heard.

One that hasn't been said yet. 2007 v West Coast at the Dome, Lucas on the boundary kicks the ball 55 meters to Lloyd one out in the square on Glass. Marks with one arm, kicks the goal

That was a great game. Came from 30-40 points down against the premiers. When Fletch spoiled that ball into the boundary line, I lost the plot. Then the siren sounded and just started hugging everyone.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but when Hird kicked the first goal of the 4th qtr against the Cats 2005 at the dome. Then turned to the box and let rip at Sheeds :lol: . One of the few times i had ever seen him lose his cool.

Wasn't sure where to ask this but here seems appropriate enough, does anyone know if there's more extended footage out there of Lloydy's 100th in 2001? This is all I can find, but there's plenty from the 2000 ton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk8qbpRRhRM

Carlton supporter at work still spewing over this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfVQMlbSoUo

Scotty Lucas putting one straight back of SOS's head after he butched a kick in that made Dean Rice look like a total squib to put us infront after being 4 goals down in the last.

Was at the game and was only about 12 at the time can just remember going full retard on the top deck of the old Olympic Stand.

From video only, Bomber Thompsons goal in the 1984 GF to get us to within 5 points (was our 3rd goal in first 7 minutes of final quarter).

Terry Wallace said later that it was loudest roar he had ever heard and also said something along the lines of "We have awoken the dragon"