Favourite Essendon Goals

Watson with the leap over the pack against the blues. I think Jobe had one similar (Anzac day?) was eerie.

Leon Bakers blind turn and goal in the last quarter of the 1984 Grand Final.

http://youtu.be/ZeGrl2btPnQ

lolz

Michael Long 93 grand final

Steve Alessio vs Sydney in 2002 or 2003 when we came from 5 odd goals down at 3/4 time

a few of Andrew Lovett's in the Knights era

Zaharakis on ANZAC day

Lloydy getting to 100

I know we didnt win the game, but Stantons with 2 mins to go Anzac Day 2012...

Remembering that Anzac game when Hird was just throwing it on the boot in the last quarter scoring goals. I forget the year.

Remembering that Anzac game when Hird was just throwing it on the boot in the last quarter scoring goals. I forget the year.

Yeah 03 that was 

Yep thanks

My favourite goals would include many from the 93 grand final like others have said - Longy, Calthorpe, CD, Hirdy etc.

Also Scott Lucas kicked one from outside 50 against the Hawks to help get us in the GF against Hawthorn in 01. For me that was stand and deliver from Scotty.

Wangeneen in 92

Hirdy against WC in the 95 semi. Killed them all day, got sent to full back, then proceeded to run the full length of the ground involved in the play to end up dobbing one from 50. One of the most satisfying moments.

Hirdy against WC and 'the hug'

Zaka v collingwood anzac day for the win.

I know I can't remember individual goals but the following are goal kicking performances that really stood out to me over the years.

Darren Bewick kicking 8 against the eagles in Perth in 93. It was polished, high class and I remember him kicking some great goals

Derek Kickett kicking 8 against the doggies in the wet and mud in 93 - he was absolutely sublime and kicked some freakish goals

Darren Bewick kicking 9 in his comeback game from a knee v Geelong in 96. just.. wow.

Mercs 93 prelim. You could see the build up, also came on top of previous momentum. The crowd noise made the Zaka goal seem like a whisper.

An under rated one was a cransberg torp on the run at princes park against Carlton. And I loved a couple of huge torps from Derek kickett in a game against collingwood in horrific conditions.

Mercs 93 prelim. You could see the build up, also came on top of previous momentum. The crowd noise made the Zaka goal seem like a whisper.
An under rated one was a cransberg torp on the run at princes park against Carlton. And I loved a couple of huge torps from Derek kickett in a game against collingwood in horrific conditions.

kickett IIRC kicked a couple of rippers running our of the centre at waverly during h&A against the pies in 1990. not the drawn one the one we won comfortably.

Sign an 'A-Grade Midfielder' with an 'open chequebook'.

A goal never reached, but nonetheless a favourite.

Sign an 'A-Grade Midfielder' with an 'open chequebook'.

A goal never reached, but nonetheless a favourite.

Goddard?

Favourite goal. All 5 players involved in it were part of the "baby bombers"

Derek Kickett kicked a massive torp vs WCE that year at the G from inside the square. Also kicked another on the run from about 75 out vs Carlton in 1994 (then missed one from 35 out, kicked it OOF)

Favourite goal. All 5 players involved in it were part of the "baby bombers"
Derek Kickett kicked a massive torp vs WCE that year at the G from inside the square. Also kicked another on the run from about 75 out vs Carlton in 1994 (then missed one from 35 out, kicked it OOF)
I remember that Kickett goal clearly and it was a beauty. I took my pregnant (now ex) wife to her first AFL game for years. When Kickett had the ball I said to her to watch how far this guy could kick. He went whack and it just kept going and going.

How about the Kickett one where he was against the point post. I think his mental thoughts were, I'll present the image that I'm going to take a step or 2 out and snap it, but then I'll cut through on the inside. Oh sh*t that was a balls up. Um lets try this. Ah. Never in doubt.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone saw his goal in the veterens match a few years back. He'd been in a fair paddock old Derek but produced this incredible facing the wrong direction, right foot kick over the "right" shoulder. Threw it went. It was ■■■■■■.

I loved Kickett.

How about the Kickett one where he was against the point post. I think his mental thoughts were, I'll present the image that I'm going to take a step or 2 out and snap it, but then I'll cut through on the inside. Oh sh*t that was a balls up. Um lets try this. Ah. Never in doubt.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone saw his goal in the veterens match a few years back. He'd been in a fair paddock old Derek but produced this incredible facing the wrong direction, right foot kick over the "right" shoulder. Threw it went. It was ■■■■■■.

I loved Kickett.

yeah i did see the goal in the veterans game, it was totally outrageous.

I loved Kickett.

Was that against geelong in 1992? He went to play on, got caught, slipped the tackle, evaded the next one then kicked it. I think he kicked 5 that day and took a ripper mark, we kicked something like 19.10 and still lost by about 10 goals.

Mercuri's goal vs the Dogs in R22 1996 hasn't been brought up. Fairly important at the time as it won us the game and moved us out of the Elimination Finals.

Became massive when it was probably the difference between Hird winning the Brownlow or finishing 2nd by 1 vote.