Favourite Recipe

Very simple, but My Mrs says I whip up a very VERY mean Caesar Salad. 

Very simple, but My Mrs says I whip up a very VERY mean Caesar Salad. 

Don't brag if you don't post the recipe.

Usually if I’ve been drinking and have berries in the fridge I’ll make up something like this.

Absinthe

Sugar

Absinthe

Berries

Absinthe

Berry jam (just a bit, don’t want it too sweet)

Boil it down and mash it into a sloppy sticky compote sort of thing.

Get some more berries in a bowl, top with cream, top with your absinthe laced compte thing. Serve with a shooter of absinthe

Black Sea Eggplant

(the Georgians and Armenians both do a version of this one - this is probably closer to the Georgian recipe)

3-4 small eggplants

3 tbsp butter

1 cup walnuts

red wine vinegar

about 3 sprigs coriander

minced garlic

salt

Add a bit of water to the walnuts and coriander, then blend the whole lot to a smooth paste.  Add vinegar, salt and garlic to taste, overdoing the garlic isn't too bad but overdoing either of the other two will make the finished result taste pretty strange, probably start with about 2 tsp garlic, 1 tsp vinegar and 1/2 tsp salt and increase it slowly from there until you find something that suits you.  Add some more water until the mixture reaches a pourable consistency.

Cut the eggplant lengthways into 1-1.5cm thick slices.  Cut the slices longways so you get something like extra-thick chips.  Melt the butter in a frying pan over med-high heat.  Fry the eggplant until brown, turning once to cook both sides. 

Pour sauce over eggplant.  Enjoy.

Vegetarian "Meat" Loaf

This is a variation on a recipe I found on a vegetarian blog when I first went vegie and was getting cravings for a meatloaf roast. I'd tried the commercial ones but they were rubbery and tasteless but this one is genuinely tasty and has a good texture. It's also very easy to make, which is my major cooking requirement. And it also has really weird ingredients and I freeze what we don't use and microwave later.

Combine 4 beaten eggs, one cup of finely crushed walnuts, a packet of french onion soup, a 500g carton of low fat cotttage cheese, a small chopped onion, 1 to 5 cloves of garlic depending on your taste, one and a half cups of roughly crushed weetbix(the original recipe said corn flakes but I don't like cornflakes), half a cup of rolled oats, quarter cup of oil and a couple of dollops of tom sauce.

Spoon it all into a loaf tin lined with baking paper and cook at 180 for around 60 to 70 minutes. Would produce 4 to 6 decent slices depending on appetite.

I leave it covered on top of the oven while I roast the vegies, which in my case must include spuds, pumpkin, parsnip, carrot, and red onion. And I usually pop in a mushroom with 15 minutes to go.

I serve it with brown onion gravy and it goes down a treat.

Just on the Pasta discussion, my mum frequently puts peas in her Bolognese sauce.
Can any of the other Wogs on the site tell me what region this type of sauce originates from?
Rosso, Nandoz, Bomb, Stallion ?
Just curious.
My mums Sicilian.
I'll ask her tomorrow anyway......

yeah, as stallion says, it's very southern.

i don't like it really in anything... pasta, lasagna, sauce... apart from arancini. and not too much at that

Spaghetti Bolognaise
250g pork mince
250g beef mince
Fresh Tomato's
Carrots
Onion
Garlic
Brown the meat off and then slow cook for 10 hours
Cook the spaghetti for a few minutes (do not overcook it like most people do with Pasta)
Put some parmasen on it and tuck in

BORING

WHERE'S THE BASIL?

Aussies, what do you expect?

two absolute shackledraggers jumped on an elevator with me the other day, one of the c*nts decided to press ALL of the levels. the other bloke lost his **** at the other bloke because they had to get off on the bottom floor. i laugh in the background, shackledragger #2 turns around and proceeds to say "you can get f*cked you wog c*nt"

STRAYA

That's unfortunate Nandoz, but it is only a reflection on the lack of class of the shackledragger. I remember the first time I went home to Melbourne after being interstate for 5-6 years, and walking through Airport West shopping centre, the first thought that went through my mind, was "Look at all these wogs." The second thought was "How ******* great is this!!" Tends to be a little bland out here in outer suburban Perth, and I miss all the wogs. Grew up with Greeks, Italians, Serbs, Lebs, they are just part of life, part of what makes Melbourne a great place to live, and idiots like the aforementioned ones, love to abuse wogs, whilst scoffing down a  pizza or souvlaki after a big drinking session, without ever once realising what utter dicks they are.

ehhh, doesn't phase me one bit. just a little confused, as i was born in box hill

BOK HIIIRRRR?

BOK HIIIRRRR?

FUKK NO GOOD BOY

Just on the Pasta discussion, my mum frequently puts peas in her Bolognese sauce.
Can any of the other Wogs on the site tell me what region this type of sauce originates from?
Rosso, Nandoz, Bomb, Stallion ?
Just curious.
My mums Sicilian.
I'll ask her tomorrow anyway......

yeah, as stallion says, it's very southern.

i don't like it really in anything... pasta, lasagna, sauce... apart from arancini. and not too much at that

Same, I am not a big fan of peas at all and detest it when it is in sauce. As long as the arancini has alot of cheese and meat then I can live with 1-2 peas in it.

BOK HIIIRRRR?

FUKK NO GOOD BOY

heroin and dumplings. the staple items of a fine upbringing.

BOK HIIIRRRR?

FUKK NO GOOD BOY

Never really got that reference. I have never seen anything to do with drugs in Bokkie. Other than 22yo kids in AMGs, and I'd always assumed they were just neurosurgeons or concert pianists who'd started uni when they were 15.

Simmo's Amazing Fried Chicken Hangover Remedy

1. Drive to KFC

Use your imagination to figure out the rest.

BOK HIIIRRRR?

FUKK NO GOOD BOY

Never really got that reference. I have never seen anything to do with drugs in Bokkie. Other than 22yo kids in AMGs, and I'd always assumed they were just neurosurgeons or concert pianists who'd started uni when they were 15.

way to ruin a good stereotype

The dumpring is spot on though, have been known to partake on occasion. Probably should be “Dumprings and Nike Airs”

BOK HIIIRRRR?

FUKK NO GOOD BOY

There was a lot more of that sort of thing around 15-20 yrs ago.  BH station was certainly the #1 source of ziploc baggies of herbal substances back when I was an upright and virtuous Catholic schoolboy.  But I spent 9 years living in the area up until last January and saw very little of that sort of thing in that time.  Plenty of gangs of kids roaming around at 3am getting smashed, and sometimes you'd walk into a shop or something and interrupt the weekly shakedown (awkward!), but not much in the way of drug stuff happening at all (or maybe I just looked too much like an undercover cop after shaving my head, and got avoided...).

BOK HIIIRRRR?

FUKK NO GOOD BOY

way to ruin a good stereotype

yeah, you seldom see any of that sort of stuff in box hill tbh. plenty of delinquents around box hill station, but i don't think i've seen anything untoward over the past few years at all. my car has even escaped unscathed in the free parking under centro when i leave it there before the footy

it's ******* expensive now though, that's for sure. apartments going up left right and centre, you'd be lucky to score a one-bedroomer for under 400k. my aunty lives on thames st., they're selling old terraces for well over 2mil

the ■■■■■ @ sion always put out though, my favourite thing about box hill growing up

HM sounds like you & I (and Nandoz, but don't ever talk to the concrete yard set) must've grown up fairly close to each other.

A/S/L?

Mrs Ivan put a couple of tea spoons of honey in the big monthly batch of bolognaise last night - ■■■!!!

Mrs Ivan put a couple of tea spoons of honey in the big monthly batch of bolognaise last night - ■■■!!!

My mum would shaking her head mate.
I shudder to think what Stallion, Rosso & Nandoz have to say about it.