FC vs EFC at the Mutually Crapola Guys venue - predicted Result and Reason

Carlton by 9

i’m on board with this.

nothing would please me more than seeing those pelicans 0-8, trudging off the mcg, looking up at the scoreboard with complete sadness and disgust. completely demoralise them, like we did to melbourne a few years back.

no, we will not hire bolton after carlton sack him this year.

1 Like

Draw. Our theoretically stronger list and exquisite game plan to be countered by FC determination and a lopsided free kick count

We’ll have enough of a lead at 1/2 time to stave off a barrage of Carlton attacks in the 3rd and 4th quarters where the ball won’t enter our forward half, helped by them missing most opportunities. We’ll be up by 8 points with 6min to go, but we’ll bang in a couple in junk time to pad the margin out and make the win seem a lot better than it is.

We win by a comfortable enough margin, a few guys have decent games… and we’re lid off because of a mediocre win against a Blues outfit probably closer to a premiership than us.

Now how about that for some glass half empty?

12+ hours of rain in melb so far. Peak Essington conditions.

c—ton by 17.

3 Likes

Some hideous garbage like:

Ess 7.17 (59)
Car 9.7 (61)

3 Likes

Yeah I’m tipping a tie after leading by 8 points with 4 minutes to go the bombers fail to break the halfway line bombing blindly out of defence. Fark Carlton miss two shots before nailing one on the siren to secure a draw.

1 Like

Exactly this. It’ll be the worst game of the season.

1 Like

Carlton by 19 points in a low scoring affair.

1 Like

A tortuous game plagued by turnovers. To the exasperation of all (bar the all knowing community of blitz) Essington attempt a cute, dry weather game style looking to continually score from HB. Zaharakis is invisible, Heppel goes at sub 50% and we scrounge 1 goal b/w Stringer, Mckernan and Stewart.

Carlton by 18.

Blitz morphs from mutinous to generally amused.

2 Likes

EFC on twitter (quoting Myers): “Our focus is playing consistently across the whole game and not just the 3rd quarter.”

I believe him.

Carlton by 10 goals.

15 Likes

If we play like we have played the last few weeks, it shapes as the greatest shitfest sporting event of the 21st century.

2 Likes

And mr BM and I are sitting at the airport in Hobart after one of the worst weather nights in history, flight keeps on being delayed, why are we doing this - because we love our teams no matter what ■■■■ they dish up, laughing about what the game will be like tomorrow, but knowing we will be back for more the following week :joy::joy:

11 Likes

Update: hmm delayed again, drinks are going down a treat!!

2 Likes

Essendon supporters groaning as we turn over the ball after the fifth consecutive handball. 3rd quarter punctuated with Bronx cheers as Goddard and co. start kicking it long from half back only to see Simpson mop it up as he racks up disposal number 20.
Inaccurate kicking from both sides keeps the scores close all day when With three minutes to go Smack grabs one thirty out and kicks truly for his third for the day. Inspired we kick two more from center clearances and we win by 19 points. Woosha nonplussed in the coaches box - all in days work.

1 Like

Apologies to all, but my crystal ball is in for a major overhaul this week. One that has been long overdue. In better news Infinty Wars opens here in China today and l have just arrived in Chengdu, home of the giant pandas. I am sure this is an omen, but have no idea what it presages.

1 Like

Honestly, does anyone really care anymore ? There is no winning in tgis situation, just delaying the inevitable.

1 Like

It really does seem like a lose/lose situation. We win and it just patches over all our current issues for another week giving Worsfold justification for keeping the faith. We lose… well we have just lost to Fark Carlton.

1 Like

Well done team BM. You guys are awesome! And gluttons for punishment. Hope you get there in time for a glorious 4 point win.