Final Round Non Essendon Games

So, best hope for us now is we win, saints win and Adelaide win. We get Richmond first up. Then Port, then Geelong. Yeah?

All the more monumental a betrayal.
Come in, strip the cash out of theclub, slap it in the face and say bugger you guys, i only came here for the money.

1 Like

Cā€™mon guys.

If itā€™s Gee v Rich, it has to be at the G.
Theyā€™ll be 90k there.

Gee v GWS, then play it at Simmonds.
It makes sense.

That is what will happen.

3 Likes

No they havnt, screw them.
Itā€™s home state final not home ground final

1 Like

Or, ā€¦ express severe reservations soon after arriving there, at their complete lack of professional structure, their rubbishly run footy dept,. etc, (by comparison to the Geelong he left), ā€¦ and get behind them in trying to fix it, ā€¦ have it not happen over 3 years, ā€¦ get really disillusioned, and want to pizz off, ā€¦ but give them a 3rd & 4th chance to come up to speed when they bring in Eade.

Only to then see it fail dismally again & remain a rabble, despite yet again making a best effort to help get them on track, ā€¦ then see you have 2 years left at the most, & know, that with this lot thereā€™s no hope of ever actually enjoying playing again, so then finally saying fk it, ā€¦ Iā€™m out, ā€¦ Iā€™d seriously rather NOT play, ā€¦ than stay here another minute.

8 Likes

Saints wonā€™t beat tigers. Not with whatā€™s on the line. One thing I do like about Port, they do smash the sides they should smash. Thereā€™s no Essington type attitude in those matches however, they seem mentally fragile against teams with a bit of starch about them. Canā€™t see them beating anyone but a flaky Melbourne in the finals.

Gold Coast really wanted that 2nd pick, eh?

1 Like

Looks like the GC players just lined up and took a collective dump on Dean Solomonā€™s resume.

2 Likes

Weā€™ll, I hope to see everyone back in this thread some time tomorrow evening hoping the saints send Nick off in style.

5 Likes

Either way I feel for those young guys taking to the field week in week out.

Most of them would not have the opportunity to just walk out/leave like Ablett. It must be demoralising for them. Mark Evans has been there 5 months, seems he has done nothing apart from putting Eade out to pasture.

1 Like

Thank god GC took Pick 2 off Carlton. No doubt all bottom 3 teams gave up. Fingers crossed Freo do the same.

If you were the sort that thinks the afl likes to ā€œfixā€ things to the best outcomesā€¦

Adel v port qualifier would be huge
Cats v giants gives them a final at symmonds
Tigers v dons elimination final would sell the mcg out twice
Sydney v whoever puts a final in Sydney

It would be their ideal outcome

4 Likes

Theyā€™d love Sydney vs Giants at home, wouldnā€™t they?

Chris Scott speaks & deals with the media very well.

Make a good politician.

Give him his due too, ā€¦ I thought he was gifted a flag, (and may well have been) when he arrived, ā€¦ but he is on the verge of proving himself as a good coach in his own right on top of that.

If he hasnā€™t already.

3 Likes

At the time they chose him I thought it was crazy. They were in a dynasty. Perhaps there was a good reason.

Geelong is just well run.

Brian Cook.

Made the Eagles in the 90s. Made the Cats in 2000s.

Scott would be a very good coach with the absolute best support.

Itā€™s a pity that his brother is a wanker though.

Realise GC were not even dying but they are seriously ā– ā– ā– ā– . Said it 2years ago about FC and it applies to GC right now ;their list is pure crap. There is barely a player I would bother taking. They have lost Bennell, Ablett, Prestia and Oā€™Mearaā€¦ the supposed A team. They cant keep their players on the park ever. Swallow never really got a chance, jack artin is so overrated itā€™s not funny. One way running soft ā– ā– ā– ā–  of the highest order. Saad is a one truck pony, Hanley on his last legs and no game plan at all after 6-8 years. Absolute joke of a club imho. I want to know how u fark up that many top picks!!! Yes gws lost tonight but at least you see the planā€¦ plus youā€™d happily take any 1 of about 15 off their listā€¦ maybe even more. Just makes me angry to think how uch we got screwed over to protect and help this pathetic excuse for a club.

3 Likes

Football clubs donā€™t work on the Gold coast. Of any code.

Itā€™s called money, young men and ahem plenty of colourful distractions

Also their stadium is in the ā– ā– ā– ā–  end of South East Qld.

sarcastia font or legit?

Was on a flight from overseas yesterday so didnā€™t watch a minute

I know they paid bugger all for both of them but I thought Pickett was a top 10 bust?