Finals - Can we make them?

The real question is how can we not make the finals!!

The real question is how can we not make the finals!!

infraction notices

Actually… NO!

If we can't take a decent scalp or two along the way, I'd prefer not to fall into the eight.

I think we will know a lot more after next week. Richmond will serve as somewhat of a barometer for us.

Our position is already precarious and it will be a lot worse if we get knocked over by the tigers, however if we win then we are back on even footing with 2 of the 'easier' games to follow.

If we can win the next 3 then we will be a lot more confident @ 7-5, hopefully with a healthy percentage and needing only 6 more wins with 10 games to go. We really need to turn on our A-game and really pants GWS & Melbourne. Hopefully we run Carlisle and Daniher into some good form as they will need their confidence up for the following 3 rounds.

If we lose to Richmond then struggle against GWS and Melbourne then we don't really deserve to be playing finals anyway.

We have backed ourselves in a corner where every game is a must win. The Saints and Hawks game will come back to bite us in a big way. We need to steal a couple of close games from teams above us and hope our closest rivals drop games. 

In any case, even if we do make it, I'm pretty sure that we'll be just making up the numbers. To win a final would be a massive result for us, all things considered.

I think we will know a lot more after next week. Richmond will serve as somewhat of a barometer for us.

Our position is already precarious and it will be a lot worse if we get knocked over by the tigers, however if we win then we are back on even footing with 2 of the 'easier' games to follow.

If we can win the next 3 then we will be a lot more confident @ 7-5, hopefully with a healthy percentage and needing only 6 more wins with 10 games to go. We really need to turn on our A-game and really pants GWS & Melbourne. Hopefully we run Carlisle and Daniher into some good form as they will need their confidence up for the following 3 rounds.

If we lose to Richmond then struggle against GWS and Melbourne then we don't really deserve to be playing finals anyway.

this is exactly where it is at. Well said wannabe.

I would have thought it more than apparent by now that (in our current form) there will be no "easier" games.  A massive turn-around in our form will change that, wishful thinking will not.

We have backed ourselves in a corner where every game is a must win.

of which dont have to win at least four of them

Really don't care if we don't. We'll get smashed by 100pts+.

We've played nine games and sit 1 game outside the top 8, losing to the 4 teams that played late into Sept last year.

And people are giving up?

I'm stunned.

We've played nine games and sit 1 game outside the top 8, losing to the 4 teams that played late into Sept last year.

I'm stunned.

And just barely beat 2 teams who are bottom 4 and lost to a team who is bottom 4.

I'm stunned.

And just barely beat 2 teams who are bottom 4 and lost to a team who is bottom 4.
oh sorry. Your right, giving up and quitting are necessities.
Maybe next time everything will go perfectly and sulking wont be the only option left open to you for the last two thirds of the season.

Why would you ignore bad form when assessing our chances of playing finals?

Why is pointing that out sulking?

Why would you ignore bad form when assessing our chances of playing finals?
Why is pointing that out sulking?

That's just what he does.

Ignore him and he will go away, much like if you ignore our bad form, it will just go away as well.

I'm stunned.

Games in the past we would have dropped instead of winning ugly.

A lot of people in this thread are not supporters. They are downhill skiers. They only like to "support" when we are winning and going well.

Off season- It shall begin early.

[URL=http://imgbox.com/XrhmIB3f]XrhmIB3f.jpg[/URL]

I'm stunned.

Games in the past we would have dropped instead of winning ugly.

A lot of people in this thread are not supporters. They are downhill skiers. They only like to "support" when we are winning and going well.

people think that just because you are realistic about Essendon that it automatically makes you now a proper supporter. Everyone on this forum wants us to do well and win flags. A lot of people (myself included) just don't have a lot of faith in the team/coach at the moment, based on what we have seen so far this year.

We have a very good squad of players. A 2 time premiership coach, we SHOULD be making finals and making them playing good footy imo

very disappointed this year, esp after our start. Wonder if that Freo game, heat etc, killed our season

Given our list, or at least how it appeared last year, finals should have been shoo in. 

Or do players not get game plan? The slowing things down, chipping around, short kicks, backwards, was surprised when Bomber said he didnt like it - if he doesnt like it, why are they doing it? Is it the running backs who are slowing things down too much?

Amazing watching other teams go into 50 fast and finding loose forwards. Havent had that in years!

If we do not make finals I think Bomber has been failure, and Hird will come back.

Funny it was only 5-6 weeks ago when talk was about Bomber doing so well that Hird may not be invited back, at a big payout, again.

And yes ASADA not gone away. Will be deadly for us if we lose 10 players for close-to-mandatory two years, take a decade to come back.

Depressed about the Bombers I must say.