Finals discussion

Week One:

Hawks v Swans - Friday 6th September MCG

Geelong v Freo - Saturday 7th September SS

Collingwood v Port - Saturday 7th September MCG (Night)

Richmond v Carlton - Sunday 8th September MCG

AFL is shameful. Scared of any non Victorian teams going all the way.
Last year, Fremantle beat the Cats at the MCG, so what does the AFL do? Move it to Geelong.

Pies and Port would be lucky to get 60K, yet it's at the MCG. Pathetic.

Anyway, went for the Swans last year in the finals after saying they'd win the flag in round 10.

This year, 'going' for the Swans again. I would say Port but let's face it, they're gone first week. Anyone but Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn...

'Last year, Fremantle beat the Cats at the MCG, so what does the AFL do? Move it to Geelong’
Of course, Brian Cooke spoke re Bomber Thompson, Australian Facist League gives pat on the head, says good dog and voila, a final in Geelong.
At the moment I have no interest in the finals, my feelings may change but I doubt it.

'Last year, Fremantle beat the Cats at the MCG, so what does the AFL do? Move it to Geelong'
Of course, Brian Cooke spoke re Bomber Thompson, Australian Facist League gives pat on the head, says good dog and voila, a final in Geelong.
At the moment I have no interest in the finals, my feelings may change but I doubt it.

I thought I'd have no interest, but damn it, I just love footy too much

I love it too, but have decided this year to give our local footy finals more interest than I have in previous years, it at least still has a heart and soul.

Why does anyone outside of Freo/Geelong supporters genuinely give a sh*t where it's played?

Just because it's in Geelong doesn't mean it won't be on the telly

Why does anyone outside of Freo/Geelong supporters genuinely give a sh*t where it's played?

because it's about fairness. Freo travelling supporters have every right to be able to watch their team play finals. Should of held it at Etihad, 55k capacity, pretty much everyone who wants a ticket can get one.

Simmonds they can't. Plus the fact the AFL only brought up the prospect of a final being played down there about 10 odd days ago. It's purely a money decision on the AFL's behalf. 

Finals should be about fairness and the fans. Not about the cash imo.

Hope Freo flog them, and Geelong and Hawthorn have to play each other in the prelim. At least one of those ■■■■ teams will be gone.

Freo, heave ho

because it's about fairness. Freo travelling supporters have every right to be able to watch their team play finals. Should of held it at Etihad, 55k capacity, pretty much everyone who wants a ticket can get one.

Simmonds they can't. Plus the fact the AFL only brought up the prospect of a final being played down there about 10 odd days ago. It's purely a money decision on the AFL's behalf. 

Hope Freo flog them, and Geelong and Hawthorn have to play each other in the prelim. At least one of those ■■■■ teams will be gone.

Spot on.

Geelong finally hosting a final in Geelong is a thank you to the club, the supporters and the community for being screwed over every year for having to play up the highway.

Looks like a full house for the Richmond v Carlscum final too.

Mods, please gurge AFL propaganda.

whoever loses out of Scum and Tigers is going to get one hell of a send off from their opposition supporters. Hope there is a mass orgy of evictions at the game.

Whoever loses it's going to be great watching the fallout. Richmond think they are all that and will turn on their team pretty quick.

MM was supposed to be the messiah, if they get bundled out easily(in a finals series they didn't even deserve), the pressure goes up another notch on him and his soft captain.

As much as i dislike Richmond, I hope they pump the Blues by 100+ points.

Hoping Swans, Freo,Richmond, Port win.

Geelong finally hosting a final in Geelong is a thank you to the club, the supporters and the community for being screwed over every year for having to play up the highway.

Adjust the dimmer switch. It's turned down way low.

Adjust the dimmer switch. It's turned down way low.

that joke flew right over my head....

Couldn't give a ■■■■. 

Farcical. 

Who cares? Footy is over for 2013

I find it hard to see what's unfair about it - Geelong finished 2nd, Simonds is their home ground - if it's up to standard then play it there.

If Freo don't like it they might want to consider winning an extra game somewhere during the year and fielding a legit side in Rd 23 then maybe they actually earn a week 1 home final and have nothing to whinge about.

Worth noting Collingwood vs. Port Adelaide is very special.

John McCarthy played for both clubs and just 2 days shy of it being 1 year since he passed, the two teams meet in a final.

John McCarthy played for both clubs and just 2 days shy of it being 1 year since he passed, the two teams meet in a final.

All this John McCarthy stuff ■■■■■ me. Why all the teeth gnashing and hair pulling over someone who got ■■■■■■, behaved like a total ■■■■■■■, and killed himself in the process?

Young guy made a mistake from which he never gets the chance to learn.

All this John McCarthy stuff ■■■■■ me. Why all the teeth gnashing and hair pulling over someone who got ■■■■■■, behaved like a total farkwit, and killed himself in the process?

Add Darren Milane to that list.