Finals discussion

Worth noting Collingwood vs. Port Adelaide is very special.
John McCarthy played for both clubs and just 2 days shy of it being 1 year since he passed, the two teams meet in a final.

All this John McCarthy stuff ■■■■■ me. Why all the teeth gnashing and hair pulling over someone who got ■■■■■■, behaved like a total farkwit, and killed himself in the process?

Because it was tragic and someone lost their life. You've probably done plenty of stupid things in your life, but got away with it. Oh yeah, your an ■■■.

Yes it was. Yes they did. Yes I have. Yes I have. In that case you are going to make me a mighty fine hat!

Why does anyone outside of Freo/Geelong supporters genuinely give a sh*t where it's played?

Just because it's in Geelong doesn't mean it won't be on the telly

because it's about fairness. Freo travelling supporters have every right to be able to watch their team play finals. Should of held it at Etihad, 55k capacity, pretty much everyone who wants a ticket can get one.

Simmonds they can't. Plus the fact the AFL only brought up the prospect of a final being played down there about 10 odd days ago. It's purely a money decision on the AFL's behalf. 

Finals should be about fairness and the fans. Not about the cash imo.

Hope Freo flog them, and Geelong and Hawthorn have to play each other in the prelim. At least one of those ■■■■ teams will be gone.

Haha, oh you're such a joker :D

John McCarthy played for both clubs and just 2 days shy of it being 1 year since he passed, the two teams meet in a final.

All this John McCarthy stuff ■■■■■ me. Why all the teeth gnashing and hair pulling over someone who got ■■■■■■, behaved like a total farkwit, and killed himself in the process?

Because it was tragic and someone lost their life. You've probably done plenty of stupid things in your life, but got away with it. Oh yeah, your an ■■■.

Yes it was. Yes they did. Yes I have. Yes I have. In that case you are going to make me a mighty fine hat!

Many people get drunk, many people behave like idiots, many people lose their lives.  I'm not sure just cos McCarthy played footy a bit he deserves the endless adulation and thoughts.

How can the hawks afford to offer buddy 1 Million a year.

It's in flexible rule # 34.6 of the AFL charter

" Our favourite clubs can pay any player whatever the fark they like as long as it has some overflowing benefit for the AFLand said club continues to kiss our collective ■■■■"

I believe the precedent was set by a Mr C. Judd who is incidentally the worlds highest paid forklift driver for a cardboard company.

Many people get drunk, many people behave like idiots, many people lose their lives. I'm not sure just cos McCarthy played footy a bit he deserves the endless adulation and thoughts.

Hardly endless, is just coming up because his friends and teammates are playing a final against eachother a year after he dies. Seems pretty natural that, that would come up.

Expected more from Sydney.

Expected less from Hawthorn.

The crowd of around 59K for a finals clash between two Top 4 teams last night who were last year's grand finalists was very disappointing I would have thought.

Essendon playing the Tigers in a dead rubber drew 60K in Round 22 for heaven's sake.

The crowd of around 59K for a finals clash between two Top 4 teams last night who were last year's grand finalists was very disappointing I would have thought.

Essendon playing the Tigers in a dead rubber drew 60K in Round 22 for heaven's sake.

Crowd was about right, Hawthorn are not a big club.

I LOLed at the AFL predicting a crowd of 91K for Carlton-Richmond, and noting that 20K Richmond members and 10K (!) Carlton members had bought tickets. The AFL are probably upset that a third of the crowd might give a ■■■■.

Umpires favoring geelong already

I don’t think there are many things in the world as unpleasant as Mark Ricciutto’s grating, self-satisfied voice.

Going for Fremantle more than I've ever gone for any other team ever. Fark Geelong and them sucking up to the AFL.

Basil is a fair biased ■■■■■■■

Geelong have already got a goal from a free kick that never would have been paid if the game wasn't in Geelong.  ■■■■ off AFL.

Dockers looking completely outclassed but are hanging in.  Crowley to Stevie J who's been killing them. 

Pavlich. Awesome

Johnson's in the back, but that was holding the ball. Fark off umps

Legit reminded there was a final by this thread. Will finish watching this Japanese tag team wrestling match before considering seeing how it’s going.

Umpiring is a joke.  Dockers are doing ok considering they're playing  22 on 25.  Just dudded the Dockers out of a certain goal from an obvious 50 not paid.  8 free kicks to 2.  ■■■■ off AFL.

Basil.

Its what this game deserves i guess.