First Concert & Album

If we’re talking about things we saw at school, I saw some dodgy teenage cover band play Hotel California at Camberwell town hall as part of a “music competition” in about 1983. They were much better than out primary school “string orchestra”.

Wim: Australian Crawl Final Wave
(Brian Cadd, Real Life(?) Pseudo Echo support) Warrnambool

Album: Stay Hungry - Twisted Sister
Single: Boys of Summer - Don Henley

Mrs Wim: Australian Crawl Final Wave - Thebarton Theatre (met James Reyne backstage)

Album: Kiss - Dynasty

LMW: Little Mix *
Spotify/pirating era

*first without being accompanied by a parent.

6 Likes

if we are talking school - MEO 245. Our school won a competition and they played live for us.

2 Likes

With Bon Scott on vocals, I imagine. I saw Bon with AC/DC in around 74/75 when they came to Portland. They were incredibly loud and had a shithot guitarist who dressed up like a schoolboy. Support act was Lobby Loyde and The Coloured Balls.

10 Likes

Concert - Dire Straits at Rugby Park in Rockhampton 1986. Mum and Dad took me and we sat outside the fence with about 1000 other people.

Album - Who Made Who ACDC (vinyl)

2 Likes

Concert: Prince - Melbourne Tennis Centre - 1990 or 91

Album: Megadeth - Rust in Peace.

(Band I saw live most: Christbait)

6 Likes

Concert: Rush, Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI - 27 June 1992

Album: Men at Work, Business as Usual

3 Likes

First concert - BOB DYLAN
March 22, 1978
Melbourne Myer Music Bowl
(torrential rain all night)

Don’t remember first album but I do remember listening to Tapestry (Carole King) and Harvest (Neil Young) which my sister purchased in 1972.

3 Likes

1978 Beach Boys Myer Music Bowl. They were drunk at the time.
First Album… memories of a few, but i know i gave Status Quo On the level a good thrashing.

1 Like

First album: Disraeli Gears - Cream.
First singles: Friday on My Mind - The Easybeats & Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys.

First concert: International artist, Deep Purple Free, Manfred Mann Chapter 3 and Pirhanna, Randwick racecourse 1971.
Local artist: The Master’s Apprentices, 1967 at our high school social. l was in form 3, and sick with a cold, but there was no way l was missing out on that show, l also won a Kinks album in a raffle at the time.

7 Likes

ACDC, Myer Music Bowl, Feb 1981 (12yo), Angels supported. Was very surprised, and ecstatic, that my Mum let me go. Was half way up a light tower maybe 30m from the stage (security aint what it used to be). Am yet to see/hear a better show.

Living in the 70’s was an album I went halves in with my brother when it came out. 1st owned outright was Bat Out of Hell IIRC.

5 Likes

Another early concert was Sherbet at Festival Hall… now there’s a venue. :laughing:

1 Like

Can I judge you then…because you need to be judged…harshly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Super jealous…they are one band I would have loved to see live

I got Let’s Dance for Christmas.
My brother got Colour By Numbers.
I felt ripped off (still kinda do).

First Album: Best of Creedence Clearwater Revival
First Concert: Jimmy Barnes, but can’t remember where or what tour.

First concert AC/DC The Razors Edge Tour, Tennis Centre 18.10.1991

First Vinyl Def Leppard Hysteria

First CD Aerosmith Pump

First Cassette Eric Burdon and the Animals

7 Likes

Did many Jimmy Barnes concerts- I blame him for my hearing loss.

1 Like

First Concert - Stars at The Exhibition Building

First Cassette - Hotel California, The Eagles

First Album - I Robot, Alan Parsons Project

First CD - Pink Floyd Box Set (Wish Yo Were Here through to A Momentary Lapse of Reason)

4 Likes

Feb 1st all ages show at the palace. Off the top of my head, Meanies and Tumbleweed supported this show.

Despite the kooky cover, this various artists album has some fantastic tracks

5 Likes