First Concert & Album

Reckon it was a Freeza underage gig, pretty sure 28 days was headline, or maybe Bodyjar.

First album, I genuinely have no idea. But maybe Radiohead Ok Computer

4 Likes

My brother went to that Nirvana, and I wasn’t invited/allowed to go. He came back raving about The Meanies.

2 Likes

Early 70’s in Sydney - Ledd Zeppelin

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Bee Gees First
Both LPs bought at the same time

2 Likes

First concert KISS at VFL Park 1980. Sat about 25 rows back centre stage. Farking unbelievable show.

First album I actually paid for with money I had actually earned may have been ABBA - Arrival

if it wasn’t that it was Boomtown Rats - Fine Art of Surfacing

7 Likes

Concert:
A free mid-afternoon concert for kids with tickets organised through school. 1985 at Festival Hall with a bill of Weddings Parties Anything, Huxton Creepers and Hoodoo Gurus

Record:
1981 Rocks On. An EMI compilation album. Great tracklist, still have it.
First single was Mi-Sex Computer Games. Still have that too.

6 Likes

Concert INXS in the 80s at Rod Laver (I think)
Vinyl Pseudo Echo Love an Adventure
CD Nick Barker Goin’ to Pieces

1 Like

First gig was Midnight Oil on the Breathe tour. Can’t remember whether it was at the Palace or the Palais though. I saw touring Breathe at one venue and Redneck Wonderland at the other

First album I think was the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack. But if soundtracks don’t count, it was Red Sails in the Sunset.

2 Likes

Nirvana was your first gig? Wow.

1 Like

What a truly bizarre bill! I wonder what genius promoter dreamt that one up?

1 Like

Metallica

Blink 182 - Self Titled

1 Like

First concert: Take That 1995
First CD: Grease soundtrack. I probably bought this 1991.

3 Likes

Oh damn all my first gigs were Freeza events.
Lots of Area-7, maybe Mindsnare?

My first gig was 2002 or maybe 04… Warped Tour.
Remember getting knocked over when the mighty mighty bosstones played. Certainly an enlightening afternoon

2 Likes

This was also my first gig.

I was 12 and really didn’t know anything of Cold Chisel but left the gig screaming ‘Goodbye Astrid’. Was amazing. I bought the Last Stand VHS the next day and absorbed everything Chisel for the next year or 2.

My first album was ACDC TNT. I loved the inside cover that had all of them with fake police photos. My mum was a roadie with ACDC in the very early days. She hung around Lansdowne road in St Kilda when they lived there. She tells me a story of how Angus would play guitar on the tour bus to get me to sleep. No idea if she is bull ■■■■■■■■ me or not.

9 Likes

Man o man, what a dump.
I did see Noiseworks backed by Johnny Diesel & the Injectors in the late 80’s there.
They were both very good.

1 Like

First Concert: The Angels at the Palais, maybe 1988. I looked very cool in my skin tight Faberge jeans, converse high tops and woollen jumper with the sleeves pushed high up my arm. I even fake puffed on winny blues. Look out ladies!

First album on CD. The Cure, mixed up.

7 Likes

First concert Billy Joel at the Tennis Centre in 88/89.

First album would have either been Appetite for Destruction by Guns n Roses or Open up and say Ahh by Poison.

2 Likes

Cool thread.

First gig. Pantera at festival Hall. My cousin took me, I didn’t even really like Pantera yet, although this helped.

First album: I bought STP - Purple, Green Day - Dookie, Bush - Sixteen Stone and The Offspring - Smash, all on the same day with a bunch of vouchers I got for my birthday.

7 Likes

Ha. A Bodyjar with Crettins Puddle Freezer gig, was my 2nd ever gig.

2 Likes

AKA Festering Hole.

My first concert was there: Ugly Kid Joe, supported by Chocolate Starfish (!!), 1993.

First album: it was either The Real Thing by Faith No More or Metallica’s …And Justice for All (still one of my absolute favourites).

5 Likes

It was Festival hall I saw Sammy Davis Jnr, we were in the last row, straight in front. I was allowed to stand on the seat to be able to see.

I’ve been to a few <18 gigs there, Neil Young, The Police, Skyhooks, Madness, so many bands and I’ve loved them all.

5 Likes