Fixture 2020

Bet you we play Sydney first game

BRING THEM ON!

* We’ll probably lose by a point

Zaharakis should have kicked it more than a metre over the line so the umpire wouldn’t have been forced to call “play on”.

4 Likes

Bet Richmond and Collingwood get easy draws again.

4 Likes

Richmond 11 straight games in Melbourne

Our 2019 fixture was an absolute dog’s breakfast and about as bad as it gets.

My wishes are:

• Only one trip to Perth
  • No Thursday night games
  • No absurd 9 or 10 day breaks, or 4 or 5 day breaks before playing interstate
  • Round one game against Hawthorn or Melbourne
  • At least four Saturday afternoon games (4:35 doesn’t count) with two or more of those at the MCG
1 Like

Round 1 will be the 20th anniversary celebration of Docklands and us v Port Adelaide.

My hope is that we:

Have MCG matches versus - Carlton (2), Collingwood (2), Richmond (2), Hawthorn (2), Geelong (1) and Melbourne (1)
No matches in Sydney but 2 in QLD and SA
Freo only in Perth

Round 1 Eagles in Perth
Round 2 Tigers at the MCG

That should kill off any lid offers

6 Likes

Good pick up that. Wonder if that’s one of Essendon’s requests to celebrate 20 years at Colonial/Telstra/Etihad/Marvel stadium where M Long kicked the first ever goal in front of 43,012 as they smashed Port by a whopping 94 points on their way to the most dominant ever season by a club? Surprised if that isn’t their first game of 2020.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry too much. There may not be many left after the JLT should we put in another poor preseason showing.

If we make a request based on significant matches in 2000, I’ll be ■■■■■■ off if we waste it on the first game at that crap stadium.

1 Like

I’d prefer us celebrating beating Richmond by 100 points on the day GST came in.

1 Like

So if we played them the day before we would have only won by 90.91 points?

7 Likes

Correct

1 Like

Read on bigfooty that c7 has announced “dynamic scheduling” for the last 4 rounds of the 2020 h&a season. Basically if a game scheduled for primetime turns out to be a dead rubber with an expected low viewer count, they’ll swap it with another bigger game in the round. All to do with advertising, no consideration to what is or isn’t fair to the competition.

1 Like

Arseholes. Will they still announce it a month or so ahead?

I don’t understand how the VFL are supposed to co-ordinate with a fixture that isn’t fixed?

…

oh… wait… arseholes.

1 Like

Yes.
I’ll long remember the televised games of Round 22 last year, with Melbourne vs Sydney on Friday, followed by Norf vs The Tarps on Saturday.
Riveting, edge of the seat stuff.

1 Like

What about the supporters who actually plan ahead to attend matches?

1 Like

There will come a time where the second half of the fixture will be a “floating” fixture where the FTA networks will pick the eyes out of the matches and leave the scraps for Foxtel. I used the word networks for a reason, I don’t think it’ll be simply a C7 & Foxtel partnership that’s holds the next TV rights, I think there will be at least two FTA TV rights holders after the next deal is done.