Fixture 2020

You can just about bank on us playing one or two of pies, Richmond or Hawthorn twice next year of the top 6 bracket. Of the bottom 6 it’ll probably be FC. The middle 6 bracket with us has Sydney, Geelong, NM, Port & Crows. We must be about due to cop Geelong twice (crowd maximising etc.). Either way, it’ll be tough in an even competition and if we’re good enough we’ll be where we want to be.

I love our blockbuster Sunday twilight to start.

How is that the draw from hell? A bunch of teams of varying expectations, half home, half away.

And Freo in Perth is kind of a given if you’re West Coast

4 Likes

Round 6 for us will be Anzac Day I think.

2 Likes

I’m all for playing a tough game in round, I’d just rather that it wasn’t a Sunday twilight.

Silver lining is that it’ll probably mean that we have one of our 6 day breaks out of the way early in the season, which is probably preferred.

I don’t think that’s in order for time - they are speaking about an Eagles vs Collingwood match over in Perth early on. Who knows!

Very keen to see our draw though!

Lol, we’ve had what 2 home games in the last decade for round 1?

Duck you AFL and ■■■■ you Gil, you arrogant hat wearing piece of ■■■■

4 Likes

Atleast it’s on TV.

2 Likes

Won’t be Twilight when it’s daylight savings. Will still be another 2 hours of daylight or so after the game.

Early request for the Monday off.

2 Likes

Like the interstate trip round one but would have preferred a Friday night game. This means we may have an extra back to back six day break.

Pre season fixture out tomorrow
Full season fixture Wednesday

4 Likes

Orchestrated partial leak Tuesday.

MUST dominate the news EVERY day of the year!

5 Likes

Yes. It must. I am glad being a little unhealthily obsessed with footy

Feeds my addiction.

1 Like

Round 1 trip to Skoda Stadium (?) then.

1 Like

What date is the Sydney Easter show starting next year?
Could be lots of construction and temporary fencing going up in the area around spotless during the game

1 Like

12-23 April

3:20pm start for us in March.

Expect it to be a humid 33°C in Sydney (or pouring with rain) then which will cripple us in the following weeks.

No Round 1 tantrums though. A Round 3 or Round 4 loss to a St Kilda/Brisbane/Carlton/Fremantle will start that.

No doubt round 2 will be Sunday afternoon 1:10pm at Etihad v Fremantle.

Boring.

4 Likes

Simple solution. The powers that be should ask the AFL what the best date for Anzac day should be on a year to year basis. The game is more important, I believe. The whole Anzac thing has got out of hand. It used to be quiet and dignified. Now it’s razzamatazz and faux solemnity.

5 Likes