Fixture 2020

I look forward to us putting the first dent in GWS’ year culminating in a very early 2nd round draft pick.

1 Like

AFL obviously trying to amp up the whole GWS vs Shiel thing first up

1 Like

Probably best way to get a near sell out for GWS round 1.

With us finishing 11th, we should only be playing 1 top 6 side twice, I hope GWS are it.

1 Like

Round one, 2019

Thursday, March 21

Carlton v Richmond at the MCG, 7.20pm AEDT

Friday, March 22

Collingwood v Geelong at the MCG, 7.50pm AEDT

Saturday, March 23

Melbourne v Port Adelaide at the MCG, 1.45pm AEDT

Adelaide v Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACDT

Western Bulldogs v Sydney at Marvel Stadium, 7.25pm AEDT

Brisbane v West Coast at the Gabba, 7.20pm AEST

Sunday, March 24

St Kilda v Gold Coast at Marvel Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT

Greater Western Sydney v Essendon at Spotless Stadium, 3.20pm AEDT

Fremantle v North Melbourne, Optus Stadium, 3.20pm AWST

1 Like

But the pies have already secured a game on Thursday night before good Friday which gives then a 7 day break. If we get fixtured on the Saturday with a 5 day break we may as well forfeit Anzac Day. I think we will be good Friday v norf to sure up that fixture and Melbourne and Richmond will both play on Saturday and suck up the short break which is the way it had often worked for us and Collingwood in the Anzac Day lead in

1 Like

Brilliant, six months of excitement flattened by a Sunday game with a falsified rivalry at one of the most soulless places in Australia.

15 Likes

And Twilight no less. Gagf

4 Likes

Seriously, what an incredibly dull round 1

4 Likes

I know it sucks for our home fans but 1st round away is the best time to do it. We have weeks to prepare. After our finish I think we will only travel interstate 5 times so getting one out of the way 1st up only leaves 4 more trips.

Happy with that

4 Likes

I would love a Melbourne blockbuster, but as I’ve said in other threads I don’t mind an interstate Round 1. It gets one trip out of the way before you have to start worrying about breaks etc. plus we were due, we haven’t had an interstate round 1 in a few years right?

Go over, get the points, get back on the plane, start the season proper the following week

1 Like

Ironically 2018 would’ve been a great year to play Shitney @ the SCG :roll_eyes:

We’re a round 1 side.

Happy to get a tough-ish match first up, because we will win it.

9 Likes

Not the best outcome but not to worry, we’ll roll those cnts up there again

So, that will be 3 of the last 5 round 1 games being played interstate with the Sydney, GC games resulting in losses. Well, here’s hoping they carry their 2018 interstate form into next year.

Perfect time to get them before they re - adjust with a few outs :wink:

Melbourne are already giving out free tickets…

1 Like

Really tough fixture first up, but bring it on.

I will be flying up for this one

Speaking of, a Melbourne supporter on Bigfooty said that the Dees haven’t travelled for round 1 since 1998. If that’s the case, might be time to mix it up for them.

Are some of the fixture details leaking now? This was also posted, if true, we either have Eagles twice or again we only play them on their home ground :thinking:

“Get in bed now children, tomorrow we get up nice and early for the Turks to mow us down mercilessly with machine guns cos the Poms ■■■■■■ up the landing place”

2 Likes