Fletcher forward

Long went crazy in the last quarter and one of his goals was actually a point.

Those were the days.

He even played two, maybe three weeks forward in mid 2000. Stuffed him up for a few weeks when he switched back. Caused him to get six kicked on him by Nathan Thompson.
The moral is; switching rarely works.

How did he ever pick up enough votes to win the B & F then?
I think Paul has his years wrong.
Started forward Dogs loss in 2000

I feel like Travis Bickle...although now it's all the morons coming out to play.

He even played two, maybe three weeks forward in mid 2000. Stuffed him up for a few weeks when he switched back. Caused him to get six kicked on him by Nathan Thompson.
The moral is; switching rarely works.

How did he ever pick up enough votes to win the B & F then?
I think Paul has his years wrong.
Started forward Dogs loss in 2000

That's why we lost?!?!?!

Ok, I'll bow to better memories than mine. Paul, you can be Right.

I think the Adelaide game wasn't televised, at least not in country Victoria, because I remember watching the highlights and Long killing it late, as well as Mercuri being involved.

As good as his 2000 was, he didn't kick 14 goals from full back. And he didn't kick 3 against Richmond from full back.
He certainly had two, maybe three games up forward.
Don't forget who coached us back then.

I'm with you on this. I definitely remember Fletch starting a few quarters at centre half-forward and a kind of big murmur/cheer bubbling up from the crowd each time. Sheeds occasionally threw him forward to set the cat among the pigeons, so to speak.

Nah that doesn't sound right.

I wouldn't put Fletch forward, maybe try it later in his career?

I kinda see where you are coming from, but I don't think it is the solution. We do need to find a way to get Carlisle into the backline though, and keep Ryder/Bellchambers as FF/Ruck. Well, at least until we get Jeremy Cameron anyway...

Getting desperate aren't we.. not the answer.. robs our backline of the things stats don't show..

May as well start Jobe as the sub each game while we're at it

Sheeds used to try moving players a lot.  Sometimes it worked.   When he moved Fletch into the forward line it didnt work.  Lost a key defender,  didnt get a forward.   Any one for ground hog day . I dont think so.  But you never know !.

Play the old fella in a tall winger type role ala the Fridge from North or what they did with Richo ( iirc)  late in his career ..free him up to run a bit , he can match with the quicks and out mark the smalls . May not work but if he got the ball around midfield  you could back it to be delivered deep, quick  and accurately into the forwards. 

Torps only from the wing. Drop punts from the 50.

Crowd would roar.

I remember around 2000 and 2001 he was thrown there a few times.

If Bomber won't put Carlisle back to his best position, there is a 1 in a 2 billion chance he will put Fletch forward

If Bomber won't put Carlisle back to his best position, there is a 1 in a 2 billion chance he will put Fletch forward

Bomber will do anything as long as Hurley stays back. .

I remember around 2000 and 2001 he was thrown there a few times.

Definitely started forward in a few quarters around that time.
Not sure his body would stand up to the rigours of being a forward now and would hate to think that we would risk his career.

Nah that doesn't sound right.

It's right - It went left hand side of the post - I was behind of the goals - Goal umps make mistakes. 

Didn't Fletch play the first half as a forward in an Anzac Day clash 3 or 4 years ago.

Fletch forward couldn't go as bad as Carlisle forward. I would give it a crack. 

■■■■ call… really ■■■■ call… Great idea if you want to put a very quick end to his career. Why would you play the oldest man in the competition in a role which is so physically demanding and where he has shown no ability to perform previously. Short sighted, ill considered and poorly rationalised. Is that you Terry Wallace?