Fletcher forward

**** call.... really **** call.... Great idea if you want to put a very quick end to his career. Why would you play the oldest man in the competition in a role which is so physically demanding and where he has shown no ability to perform previously. Short sighted, ill considered and poorly rationalised. Is that you Terry Wallace?

Agree. Fletch has gone forward a few times in the past, but he is not a forward. He is the best defender we have ever had and playing him forward is nonsensical. 

LONG BOMBS TO FLETCH!

**** call.... really **** call.... Great idea if you want to put a very quick end to his career. Why would you play the oldest man in the competition in a role which is so physically demanding and where he has shown no ability to perform previously. Short sighted, ill considered and poorly rationalised. Is that you Terry Wallace?

its a call that also shiws no understanding that when we are playing well we lock the ball in the forwardline and fletch and hooker and co intercept kicks from our opponents. If we want score goals itll because we win in the middle and lock the ball in the forwardline and fletch has a key role in that.having fletch punched in the head when we make the initial forward entry is utterly irrelevant

I remember around 2000 and 2001 he was thrown there a few times.

only because *he wasn't getting a touch down back.. we had awesomeness everywhere.. right now.. we're far from that sort of dominance and nor should we try and be that flirtacious, nothing warrants that.

Backman would own him.. he'd be so easy to spoil as a forward target. How strong a mark do we think he is?

* slight exaggeration but not far off

If only we had a Fletcher to bomb it to Fletcher…

I‘d be more authoritative but I was at the National Boomerang Championships that day, and the game wasn‘t televised so I‘ve never seen it.

Never fails to make me lol. Sorry DJR

Fletch to kick 5 against the Tigs. 

Fletch spoke to Hirdy about playing next year. 

Did he survive kicking a goal?

I assume best case is career over.

In two years' time, Fletch will be the greatest 41 year old to have ever played the game.  Unbreakable.

Bring him forward! Hurley, carlisle back.

LOL at Richmond: Fletcher kicks an early goal and they feel under pressure. So what do they do? They take Fletcher‘s man and put him back. Did Fletcher follow him forward? Hell no, he eviscerated them as the loose man.

Fletcher for the Brownlow?

There are reasons why I might have imagined things, but it looked to me that with Edwards soccer “poster” , fletch closed the gap quicker than Dempsey did? 39 years old, six foot six and closing speed like you wouldn’t believe. Dead set freak and possibly now in front of TD as my favorite ever player.

There are reasons why I might have imagined things, but it looked to me that with Edwards soccer "poster" , fletch closed the gap quicker than Dempsey did? 39 years old, six foot six and closing speed like you wouldn't believe. Dead set freak and possibly now in front of TD as my favorite ever player.

I reckon you need a longer look at him before you make that call.

There are reasons why I might have imagined things, but it looked to me that with Edwards soccer "poster" , fletch closed the gap quicker than Dempsey did? 39 years old, six foot six and closing speed like you wouldn't believe. Dead set freak and possibly now in front of TD as my favorite ever player.

Nah, I think Dempsey was closer, Fletch still passed a couple of their younger (not that that's saying much) smalls going for the ball at times. Must be a bit embarrassing for Cotchin knowing that you're little, in your prime and meant to be nippy and a bloke with a free bus pass can just jog past you.

Bit hard as Fletcher was getting on a bit when TD started.

Nah, I think Dempsey was closer, Fletch still passed a couple of their younger (not that that's saying much) smalls going for the ball at times. Must be a bit embarrassing for Cotchin knowing that you're little, in your prime and meant to be nippy and a bloke with a free bus pass can just jog past you.
Dempsey was closer but I had the impression that fletch was gaining more ground.
Cotchin can attend the same therapy sessions as Jeff gartlett, lol.

True. Might need to see him post game cracking a stubbie just to seal the deal.

Dempsey was closer but I had the impression that fletch was gaining more ground.
Cotchin can attend the same therapy sessions as Jeff gartlett, lol.

Haven't watched a replay yet but that was my view of it at the time, Fletch just seemed to motor towards Edwards and almost stopped the soccer entirely.